LSU Shield App
The LSU Shield mobile application was implemented in 2014 and was designed to improve your safety and security.
- Available to everyone: students, staff, faculty and visitors.
- User completes and saves profile: email, phone #, and create a 4-digit PIN, which stores to the device. (Profile information is not communicated to LSU Police until the user initiates a request for service. The profile will allow for unlimited emergency contacts to be selected from the device address book).
- Your personal information is not communicated to LSU Police until the user initiates a request for service using one of the many features within the app.
- Emergency call: Summon emergency services by phone with the slide of a button.
- File a Report: Submit non-emergency reports, including photo and video; Two-way chat with LSU Police; Submit tips anonymously.
- FriendWatch: Instantly notify emergency contacts of your safety and location utilizing this feature. The safety beacon allows your emergency contacts to monitor your location (only while utilizing this feature).
- Emergency Resources: Numerous resources available in the event of an emergency.
- Campus Transit: TransLoc app
- Request a Safe Transport: Campus Transit runs until midnight seven days a week. If you need a ride and do not feel safe walking, you may contact LSU Police at 225-578-3231 for a safe transport anywhere on campus.
- Campus Parking Lots: Utilize this feature to locate parking lots on the LSU campus.