Our economy and personal safety depend on expert leadership in cybersecurity as well as military technology and science.
Through bold investment, partnerships, and building on strong platforms, such as our applied cybersecurity program and proud history of military service, LSU will produce the leaders and cyber warriors who are essential to protecting our economy, critical infrastructure, people, and borders.
Learn With Us
The LSU System is training tomorrow's leaders in cybersecurity and military technology and science through a variety of academic programs and courses for undergraduate and graduate students.
- LSU Cyber Programs — LSU is designated as a National Center of Academic Excellence in Cyber Operations (CAE-CO) by the National Security Agency (NSA) and offers many educational programs within cybersecurity, defense, and military technology.
- LSU Cyber Bootcamp — The LSU Cyber Bootcamp is designed for students to pursue high-quality tech education while continuing to balance work or other commitments. Our program provides you with the flexibility to fit career development into your life.
- LSU Bengal Corps Leadership Development - A one-of-a-kind, two-year leadership development program with the goal of developing future leaders for both military and civilian life with a commitment to service, excellence, and happiness.
- LSU Air Force Reserve Officer Training Corps (AFROTC) - LSU Air Force ROTC produces outstanding leaders for both the United States Air Force and United States Space Force and builds responsible citizens for our nation.
- LSU Army Reserve Officer Training Corps (ROTC) — LSU ROTC produce the highest quality of officers by combining academics, selfless service, and personal integrity to create an atmosphere of excellence.
- SU Navy Reserve Officer Training Corps (NROTC) — LSU students can cross-enroll in Navy ROTC at Southern University, a program established in 1971 to serve qualified students in Louisiana.
- BRBytes - A pre-college program offering an array of courses that teach students skills to be successful in a variety of subjects, such as cybersecurity, programming, and data manipulation and analysis.
The LSU system is producing the leaders, cyber warriors, and military technology experts who are essential to protecting our economy, critical infrastructure, people, and borders.
Applied Cybersecurity Laboratory — The Applied Cybersecurity Laboratory at LSU focuses on a variety of deeply technical topics in cybersecurity, including memory forensics, vulnerability assessment, exploit development, digital forensics, operating systems internals, reverse engineering, malware analysis, machine learning and more.
LSU Shreveport Cyber Collaboratory - a state-of-the-art immersive learning space where students, faculty, and industry partners can come together to discuss, research, and achieve their visions utilizing the latest technology.
FIREStarter - Stacking industry and state partnerships, expertise, and assets to fight real-world cybersecurity threats in a hands-on cyber range.
We will reimagine the defense of our future by building cybersecurity, ROTC, and leadership programs that are the best of their kind in the United States.
The security of our state determines the safety of our nation. As a key provider of energy, chemical products, food, and fiber, Louisiana is home to much of the United States’ most critical infrastructure and industries that all depend on cybersecurity. How we protect our data and defend ourselves against manipulation, exploitation, and attack is now a key concern for every business and organization, large and small. LSU will build upon its nationally recognized applied cybersecurity program to produce cyber warriors and leaders to protect our economy, people, and borders. Likewise, LSU will continue its proud tradition of service to our nation by reinvesting in military sciences and ROTC to further ensure the freedoms and safety of every U.S. citizen.
Our economy and personal safety depends on expert leadership in cybersecurity as well as military technology and science. Security impacts every area of our lives, from our health and well-being to upholding our democracy and ensuring manufacturers can produce and deliver goods without interruptions. In addition to mitigating and preventing related threats, there is a growing (and evolving) need to cultivate expertise in this field—which LSU will address through workforce development and training.
Military Tech & Cyber Defense in Action
LSU’s Mystery Project Collaborative, funded by $10,000 from the LSU Provost Fund for Innovation in Research, asks, “What’s the most mysterious thing in your life?” The answer serves as a launching point and tipping point between the known and unknown.
High schooler Kaitlyn Smith knows so much about keeping smart home devices safe from hackers that she wrote a guide on the subject. Smith's passion for cybersecurity has made her a fixture at LSU's College of Engineering and the Center for Computation & Technology.
Ethan Hill, a 12-year-old student at Walnut Hill Middle School in Caddo Parish, looks back at his summer experience with the Louisiana Preparatory Program, or LaPREP, at LSU Shreveport, where he learned to navigate more safely through cyberspace.
LSU holds more than $62 million in military research grants.
LSU’s Pennington Biomedical Research Center is working with the U.S. Department of Defense to keep our soldiers healthy and optimize their physical and mental performance.
LSU is an NSA Center of Academic Excellence in Cyber Operations.
William A. Brookshire LSU Military Museum
A Rich History of Military Excellence
Originally dedicated in 1926 to honor Louisiana citizens who gave their lives in World War I, LSU Memorial Tower stands as a reminder of LSU’s long history of ROTC excellence and military traditions. Within the William A. Brookshire LSU Military Museum, located inside Memorial Tower, visitors will find rare student, faculty, and staff memorabilia dating back to World War II and World War I. This presence of military service has shaped the lives of generations of LSU students.