You are interested in helping others; teaching children with special needs is a great way to do that.
About General/Special Education
This new undergraduate degree option is designed to provide you with the opportunity to receive dual certification in elementary grades 1-5 and special education through an integrated program of study.
- General education classroom teacher
- Inclusive special education teacher
- Resource room special education teacher
Once you're an LSU student, you'll need to meet the requirements below to continue pursuing this major.
- 24 hours of credit in 1000-level courses or higher
- 2.5 GPA (LSU and overall)
College of Human Sciences & Education
B.S., Bachelor of Science
Course Load by Subject Area
- Reading & Literature: High Intensity
- Communication: Medium Intensity
- Lab Hours or Field Work: Medium Intensity
- Math: Low Intensity
- Science: Low Intensity
- Technology: Low Intensity
Learn more about course loads and subject areas
Tweets by @lsuchse