Career Champions Program
We know that students seek career advice from those they know and trust, and we want to support you in that process and recognize you as a partner of the LSU Olinde Career Center. The Career Champions program provides a tailored curriculum centered on giving LSU Faculty and Staff the skills, knowledge, and resources they need in order to help students through the career development process.
Summer 2020 Session Modules (select one or more modules)
Register for one or more of the Summer modules using the form below.
- Module 1: National Association of Colleges & Employers (NACE) Ethical Guidelines +
- Wednesday, July 8, 11 a.m.—12 a.m., Virtual via Zoom
- Review the NACE Ethical Guidelines, the set of standards that ensure our work is equitable and transparent
- Learn about the Handshake system, LSU’s centralized platform that facilitates our jobs board, LSU recruitment events, employer-held sessions, scheduling appointments, and more.
- Module 2: Career Decision Making
- Thursday, July 9, 11 a.m.—12 p.m., Virtual via Zoom
- Explore the Career Decision-Making process and learn about resources available for students to use as they explore careers and majors
- Module 3: NACE Competencies + Résumés
- Friday, July 10, 11 a.m.—12 p.m., Virtual via Zoom
- Review the NACE Career Competencies—the top eight skill sets that employers look for when hiring for internships or entry-level full time roles.
- Learn about our approach to educating students on writing resumes that meet employers’ expectations
Fall 2020 Dates
Fall 2020 session registration will launch in mid-July.
- Monday, October 19, 1:30 p.m.—4 p.m, location to be determined
- Wednesday, November 18, 9 a.m.—11:30 a.m., location to be determined