School Professionals' Networking Day (Virtual for Fall 2020)
Dates: Wednesday, October 28, 2020
Time: 9 a.m.–noon (virtual networking) and 1–4p.m. (optional interviews)
Location: Virtual via Easy Virtual Fair
Contact: LSU Olinde Career Center
School Professionals' Networking Day is a one-day recruitment program that partners schools and districts nationwide with students and alumni to network for full-time positions in the K-12 education system including teaching, counseling, school librarian and media specialists, school psychologists, speech pathologists/therapists, audiologists, school leadership, social work, and other school-based professional positions.
Fall 2020 Event Sponsors Coming Soon
Learn more about employer sponsorship opportunities below.
Virtual Networking: The networking portion from 9 a.m.–noon is open to all students interested in exploring careers in education. Students can use this time to network with representatives to learn more about the work experience or hiring process at their organization in order to prepare for their job search, or students may use this time to intentionally network with the goal of interviewing for open positions during the interview portion from 1–4p.m.
Optional Interviewing: The optional interview portion from 1–4p.m. is open to students who secure an interview offer during the networking portion of the morning. These interviews are scheduled during the networking portion. Interview platform and instructions will be available soon.
Business casual attire is strongly encouraged; students may choose to dress in business professional attire.
Students are encouraged to prepare a résumé PDF file in advance and have it available for upload in the event that an employer requests a résumé for review. View tips on creating a strong résumé. Students are also encouraged to update their profiles in Handshake and upload a résumé for approval in advance so they are prepared to apply for any jobs they learn about during the event.
View employers: To view registered employers, login to Handshake online or through the Handshake Jobs & Careers App, click the Events tab, and click the fair you would like to view. View this support article to walk you through this process.
To register for School Professionals' Networking Day:
- Log into Handshake. Not a Handshake user? Create your free account today!
- Select the "Fairs" tab on the left navigation menu
- Search for this event by entering "Louisiana State University" in the search bar. All LSU open event registrations will appear for you to browse. Select the event you would like to register for and proceed with the registration form.
- Please note: Payment instructions will be sent to you via email within one week of your registration submission. Questions? Contact Contact Courtney Edwards at email@example.com.
- Registration Fee: $150
Elevate student awareness of your organization and hiring opportunities while improving students’ experiences through event sponsorship!
Event Sponsor Benefits
- Virtual Carer Fair Placement:
- Your organization’s booth link(s) will be placed in a Preferred Location on the employer listing page that students view within the virtual career event platform. This placement will keep you top-of-mind for students browsing employers during the event. Placement is at the discretion of the LSU Olinde Career Center.
- Student Promotion:
- Your organization will be promoted as an Event Sponsor on the event web page, student and employer Handshake event pages, and in all student and employer emails promoting this event.
- Your organization will be recognized during the event as an Event Sponsor and in an @LSUCareerCenter social media post related to the event. You are also encouraged to tag @LSUCareerCenter in your social media posts and stories so that we can share onto our channels.
Become an event sponsor for $350. You can sign-up to be an event sponsor during the registration process.
Download the Career Event Refund, Cancellation and Weather Policy.