Construction Interviewing Day (Virtual for Fall 2020)
Employers recruit students in Construction Management and Civil and Industrial Engineering for full-time, part-time, internship, and co-op positions. Participating organizations will choose which students and alumni to interview from among those who submit resumes for consideration.
Fall 2020 Event Sponsors
Learn more about employer sponsorship opportunities below.
Date: October 23, 2020
Time: 8—10 a.m. (virtual networking) and 10 a.m.—4p.m. (virtual interviews)
Location: Virtual via Easy Virtual Fair
Contact: LSU Olinde Career Center
Schedule of Events:
Students should review important event participation deadlines in the Student Deadlines Packet coming soon.
- 8–9 a.m: CIAC Member Virtual Networking open to all employers who are Construction Industry Advisory Council members and open to all students
- 9–10 a.m: Open Virtual Networking, open to all registered employers and students
- 10 a.m.–4 p.m: Virtual Interviews (more information below)
Interview Sign Ups
This event has a variety of deadlines associated with different types interview opportunities, including the most popular Preselect Interviews. To participate in interviews, students should review important event participation deadlines in the Student Deadlines Packet coming soon.
Accessed through this Easy Virtual Fair link. Pre-registration accepted, but not required.
The networking portion is an opportunity for students to speak with representatives from any company, regardless of
whether or not you have an interview scheduled with them. Students can use this time to speak to company
representatives and learn about organizations, and may also use this time to request interviews.
To request an interview with a company, students should click on the employer’s booth in Easy Virtual Fair, introduce
themselves through the chat or video features, and express interest in any remaining interview opportunities. Interviews
are not guaranteed and students are encouraged to instead participate in the Preselect Interview process outlined
Business casual attire is required; students may choose to dress in business professional attire.
To view registered employers, login to Handshake online or through the Handshake Jobs & Careers App, click the Events tab, and click the fair you would like to view. View a support article to walk you through this process.
- Log into Handshake to register for the event and select any event sponsorship options. Not a Handshake user? Create your free account today!
- Select the "Fairs" tab on the left navigation menu
- Search for this event by entering "Louisiana State University" in the search bar. All LSU open event registrations will appear for you to browse. Select the event you would like to register for and proceed with the registration form.
- Please note: Payment instructions will be sent to you via email within one week of your registration submission. Questions? Contact Courtney Edwards at email@example.com.
Interview Scheduling Deadlines
All major employers deadlines are in bold below. Please review the Employer Interview Deadlines for more information.
**All major employer deadlines are bolded**
- Interview Schedule Due in Handshake: September 17 at 8 a.m.
- Student Application Start Date: August 14 at 8 a.m.
- Student Application End Date: October 9 by noon
- Primary & Alternate Selections Due: October 15 by noon
- Primary Sign Up Start: October 16 at 8 a.m.
- Alternate Sign Up Start: October 18 at 8 a.m.
- Schedules Close: October 20 at 9:00 a.m.
Business Entity Registration Fee: $350
Elevate student awareness of your organization and hiring opportunities while improving students’ experiences through event sponsorship!
Event Sponsor Benefits
- Virtual Carer Fair Placement:
- Your organization’s booth link(s) will be placed in a Preferred Location on the employer listing page that students view within the virtual career event platform. This placement will keep you top-of-mind for students browsing employers during the event. Placement is at the discretion of the LSU Olinde Career Center.
- Student Promotion:
- Your organization will be promoted as an Event Sponsor on the event web page, student and employer Handshake event pages, and in all student and employer emails promoting this event.
- Your organization will be recognized during the event as an Event Sponsor and in an @LSUCareerCenter social media post related to the event. You are also encouraged to tag @LSUCareerCenter in your social media posts and stories so that we can share onto our channels.
Become an event sponsor for $500. You can sign-up to be an event sponsor during the registration process.
Download the Career Event Refund, Cancellation and Weather Policy.