Virtual Construction Interviewing Day
Employers recruit Construction Management and Civil and Industrial Engineering majors and minors for full-time, part-time, internship, and co-op positions. Participating organizations will choose which students and alumni to interview from among those who submit resumes for consideration.
Day 2: Construction Virtual Interviewing Day (CID) – March 11, 2021
Time: 9 a.m.– 3 p.m.
Location: Virtual, via employers’ online meeting platform
Contact: LSU Olinde Career Center, email@example.com
Schedule of Events:
Students should review important event participation deadlines in the Student Deadlines Packet.
- March 10, 2021 - 2 p.m.–4 p.m: Open Virtual Networking, open to all registered employers and students
- March 11, 2021 - 10 a.m.–4 p.m: Pre-scheduled Virtual Interviews (more information below)
Interview Sign Ups (Pre-scheduled)
This event has a variety of deadlines associated with different types interview opportunities that require pre-scheduling, including the most popular Preselect Interviews. To participate in interviews, students should review important event participation deadlines in the Student Deadlines Packet.
Virtual Networking will be accessed by signing up for Group and 1:1 Sessions on the Handshake event page. Virtual Networking is an opportunity for all students to speak with representatives from any company, regardless of whether or not you have an interview scheduled with them.
Employer networking schedules will be loaded by March 3 for you to begin signing up on the Handshake event page.
- Group Sessions are 30 minutes long and are for up to 50 students.
- 1:1 Sessions are 10 minutes long and are for 1 student and 1 recruiter. 1:1 Sessions will be limited due to existing afternoon interviews.
How to Sign up for Sessions
- Check out this detailed guide that includes steps for signing up for Sessions at a virtual fair from the experts at Handshake, or this article on participating in a virtual fair, complete with how to test your audio and video functions.
You can also watch this Virtual Career Fair How-To Video with Erin O'Keefe from Handshake. Handshake. Handshake experts walk through a demonstration of how to attend a virtual career fair this fall. They cover an overview of virtual fairs in Handshake, a demo of how to sign up for Sessions and navigate the event, and ways to be successful at the event.
Student Preparation Programs
- February 22, 11 a.m. - noon – Virtual CID Resume Workshop, register for resume workshop
- February 24, 11 a.m. - 1 p.m. – Virtual CID Resume Drop-Ins, register for resume drop-ins
- March 8, 11 a.m. - noon – Virtual CID Interview Preparation Workshop, register for interview workshop
- March 8, 4 p.m. - 5 p.m – Virtual CID Interview Preparation Workshop, register for interview workshop
- March 9, 1 p.m. - 2 p.m.. – Virtual CID Interview Preparation Workshop, register for interview workshop
Business casual attire is required; students may choose to dress in business professional attire.
To view registered employers, login to Handshake online or through the Handshake Jobs & Careers App, click the Events tab, and click the fair you would like to view. View a support article to walk you through this process.
- Log into Handshake to register for the event and select any event sponsorship options. Not a Handshake user? Create your free account today!
- Select the "Fairs" tab on the left navigation menu
- Search for this event by entering "Louisiana State University" in the search bar. All LSU open event registrations will appear for you to browse. Select the event you would like to register for and proceed with the registration form.
- Please note: Payment instructions will be sent to you via email within one week of your registration submission. Questions? Contact Courtney Edwards at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Virtual Networking: March 10, 2–4 p.m., open to all registered employers and students. Students sign up for Sessions posted by employers.
- Virtual Interviews: March 11, 9a.m.–3 p.m., prescheduled, based on three interview options explained in the Employer Packet
Interview Scheduling Deadlines
For deadline dates associated with all schedule types (preselect, open and room only), please view the Employer Packet.
Business Entity Registration Fee: $350
Elevate student awareness of your organization and hiring opportunities while improving students’ experiences through event sponsorship!
Event Sponsor Benefits
Virtual Career Fair Placement:
- Your organization’s logo will be placed in a Preferred Location on the virtual event page that students view. This placement will keep you top-of-mind for students browsing employers during the event. Placement is at the discretion of the LSU Olinde Career Center.
- Your organization will be promoted as an Event Sponsor on the event web page, Handshake student and employer event pages, and in all student and employer emails promoting the event.
- Your organization will be recognized during the event as an Event Sponsor and in an @LSUCareerCenter social media post related to the event. You are also encouraged to tag @LSUCareerCenter in your social media posts and stories so that we can share onto our channels.
- Your organization will be recognized in an @LSUCareerCenter social media post following the event related to any open job postings listed in Handshake or company profile details listed in Handshake. Please ensure these details are up-to-date prior to the event date so our team can coordinate this post.
Become an event sponsor for $500. You can sign-up to be an event sponsor during the registration process.
*Please note that sponsorships and relevant logos received after the deadline will not be recognized on the event landing page due to digital design deadlines.
Download the Career Event Refund, Cancellation and Weather Policy.