Preparing today's students to lead tomorrow's workforce.
As a critical part of LSU’s vision of leading Louisiana and impacting the world, our career-readiness programming, coupled with on-campus access to employers, directly enhances Tigers’ social mobility and prepares them to make important contributions to research, infrastructure, the economy, and our knowledge base in every industry, everywhere in the world.
The Olinde family’s landmark investment in the Career Center was honored through the renaming of the center in 2014. This investment, together with commitments from valued corporate partners, culminated in the opening of a premier, centrally located space in the LSU Student Union. This state-of-the-art facility continues to serve as a catalyst for increased student engagement and improved services for students and employers.
In the 2018-2019 academic year:
- Our fourth embedded career coach was hired, providing tailored career support for students in the College of Science. Other embedded career coaches serve the College of Humanities and Social Sciences, the College of Engineering, and the E. J. Ourso College of Business. General career coaches support all other students.
- 5,243 students and alumni received one-on-one career support through appointments with our team. 788 of those students were freshmen.
- 926 students and alumni dropped-in for quick tips and career resources from our team.
- The most popular appointment types were resume and personal statement reviews, followed closely by career assessments and major and career decision-making.
- 43,280 opportunities were posted for LSU students and alumni through Handshake. 10,948 of those postings were internships or co-ops.
- The inaugural Kinesiology Career Fair was offered, providing networking and face-to-face job search opportunities for Kinesiology students, the second-most popular major at LSU.
- 6,594 new employers began recruiting LSU students through Handshake. Healthcare, Internet & Software, and K-12 Education represent the most saturated industries recruiting at LSU through Handshake.
The LSU Olinde Career Center exists to assist students and alumni in choosing careers, obtaining career-related work experiences, developing job search skills, and securing employment or admission to graduate or professional school.