If you would like to speak with a College of Engineering Counselor, we encourage you to Schedule a Virtual Appointment with a Counselor via the Navigate Student app.
- Keep in mind that our Counselors may send communications to your LSU email regarding your scheduled appointment.
- Students who need their scheduling/advising flag lifted must interact with their Faculty Advisor. Please do not schedule an appointment with a counselor for this reason, as we are unable to assist. Instead, please reach out to your academic department for information on general advising for the upcoming semester.
Schedule your appointment with a Student Services counselor by using the Navigate Student mobile app. Download it by searching "Navigate Student" in the App Store or Google Play.
The Navigate Student mobile app will help you keep up with all of your responsibilities and puts all of your next steps in one place. It gives you a customized list of important deadlines and upcoming events, virtually creating a timeline for your success. You’ll always know when registration for classes will open, how to get involved in various events, where to find academic resources on campus, and how to schedule an appointment with your academic advisor directly from your phone.
When scheduling an appointment with one of our counselors via Navigate Student, you will need to select the following options in order when prompted:
- Academic Advising
- Advising (Student Services)
Select how you would like to meet (only virtual is available at this time), and include a note in the comment box about your reason for scheduling an appointment. Keep in mind that our counselors may send communications to your LSU email regarding your scheduled appointment.
Students who have a general question and do not need an appointment may send an email directly to their preferred counselor or to email@example.com. We will attempt to respond as quickly as possible.
A reminder that the following services do not require speaking to a counselor and can be accomplished by a team member at our front desk:
- Invoking the Grade Exclusion Policy
- Changing a major within the College of Engineering
- Obtaining a copy of your degree audit
- Adding or removing a minor
- Declaring or amending your graduation date
- Changing your catalog year
- Find out your class rank (rankings will be available after the 14th class day)
- Requesting a final exam schedule change (starting after mid-terms–communications will be sent out)
Engineering Student Services can assist you with the following:
- Serves as a first contact for those needing assistance.
- Provide academic and career counseling.
- Give general advice on how to solve various student problems.
- Refer students to best sources of information (ex: Career Center, Computer Rooms, etc.)
- Assist students with unofficial transcripts, degree audits, and rank in class.
- Program minors for students wanting to declare them.
Address: William Brookshire Student Services Suite, Patrick F. Taylor Hall 2228
Main Phone: 225-578-5731