J Terrell Brown Venture Challenge
Do you have a big idea?
Pitch it for a chance to win a share of $25,000. This business plan competition is open to all LSU students operating businesses or developing ideas for a new venture. Three finalists are selected to pitch for a share of startup cash in the final round in this Shark Tank-style event.
For the last decade the J Terrell Brown Venture Challenge has provided capital to help LSU students launch and grow startup businesses. This system-wide business plan competition is open to all on-campus LSU students and alumni (graduated within the last year).
2023 Competition Details
The next J Terrell Brown Venture Challenge will be held in spring 2023. Check back soon for event details. Contact email@example.com for more information.
- Competitors are required to meet all submission deadlines and guidelines.
- Applicants must be current LSU-system students (undergraduate or graduate) or alumni who graduated within the last year.
- Entries must be on-campus students (not LSU Online); alumni must have completed an on-campus degree program.
- Individual or team submissions are welcome.
- Applicants cannot be part of multiple teams.
- Competitors must be present during the entire competition and the final presentation.
- LSU student(s) must represent at least 51% of company ownership.
- Ventures cannot exceed $150K in lifetime revenue and/or $250K in lifetime equity investment.
2022 Venture Challenge Results
First place: Guise Medical LLC
Student Founders: Zachary Connelly, Ross Rieger, and Evan Falgoust
Guise Medical LLC's patented MED-Pal covers aim to alleviate the stress of needles at medical visits for kids.
Second place: Chckup
Student Founders: Elliott Greenwood, Colin Hebert '21, Matthew Ieyoub '21, and George Villaume '21
Chckup reduces friction and increases customer conversions for appointment bookings through our two-sided platform for vet clinics and pet owners.
Third place: Vibrant Entertainment Group
Student Founders: Hunter Juneau '21, Blake Ducoing, and Emily Rose
Vibrant provides start to finish event planning while ensuring a smooth-flowing, stress-free, and overall memorable event.
J Terrell Brown Venture Challenge 2022