News & Events
- Congratulations to Dr. Laura Martins who was promoted to Full Professor Fall 2023
- Dr. Michael Dettinger, Director of the Language Lab & Resource Center, has been selected by Academic Affairs
and CxC to participate in the inaugural cohort of CxC Communication-Intensive Teaching
Faculty Fellows. Dr. Dettinger will work with other fellows and the CxC team to inform,
create, and disseminate innovative teaching development resources across campus.
- Congratulations to Dr. Eliana Maldonado Cano for the publication of her new book Wayrayaripay.
- Congratulations to Dr. José Rojas for the publication of his new book Women's Representations from Radical Naturalism to the New Woman Response.
- Hispanic Studies will will be present in the November 27 - December 1, 2023 I Congreso
Internacional José María Arguedas organized by the Cátedra Arguedas of the Universidad
Nacional Mayor de San Marcos, Peru.
- Spring 2024 Hispanic Studies will invite Dr. Sara Beaudrie to present a lecture on Spanish heritage language (SHL) as World Languages embarks
on a mission to build heritage language programs.
- 2024 Youth Summer Language Camps
- World Languages delegates attending July 22-24, 2024 University of Central Florida AI Conference on Teaching and Learning