Civil Engineering Accreditation
The LSU Civil Engineering program is accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET, https://www.abet.org.
Program Educational Objectives
Consistent with LSU’s mission, civil engineering graduates will:
- Be active in practice, research, education, or management in their engineering and professional careers while upholding the highest ethical standards of the profession to ensure the health, safety, and welfare of the public.
- Advance in civil engineering practice and/or graduate studies.
- Be an effective communicator capable of addressing the range of audiences encountered in industry, education, research, and general public.
- Be engaged in life-long learning.
- Attain or advance through the process of professional licensure.
- Be engaged as an active member and emerging leader in professional, community, government, or other public organizations that benefit society by providing sustainable solutions that meet the highest ethical standards.
Program Student Outcomes
The civil engineering program produces graduates who are prepared to enter the professional practice of civil engineering with:
- An ability to identify, formulate, and solve complex engineering problems by applying principles of engineering, science, and mathematics.
- An ability to apply engineering design to produce solutions that meet specified needs with consideration of public health, safety, and welfare, as well as global, cultural, social, environmental, and economic factors.
- An ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences.
- An ability to recognize ethical and professional responsibilities in engineering situations and make informed judgments, which must consider the impact of engineering solutions in global, economic, environmental, and societal contexts.
- An ability to function effectively on a team whose members provide leadership, create a collaborative and inclusive environment, establish goals, plan tasks, and meet objectives.
- An ability to develop and conduct appropriate experimentation, analyze and interpret data, and use engineering judgment to draw conclusions.
- An ability to acquire and apply new knowledge as needed using appropriate learning strategies.
Undergraduate Enrollment and Degrees Awarded
|Academic Year||Enrollment||Awarded Degrees|