How to Schedule with the Center for Advising & Counseling using the Navigate Student App
UCAC Operating Schedule
Office Hours: Monday – Friday; 8:00 – 4:30 PM (Central Standard Time)
Location: 150 Himes Hall
To serve students during some of our busiest weeks in the semester, UCAC offers drop-in meetings. UCAC academic counselors will be available for virtual drop-ins during the following hours:
August 17 – August 31 (Monday – Thursday)
8:30 AM – 11:00 AM*
1:00 PM to 3:00 PM*
*NOTE: Drop-in hours may be adjusted depending on demand.
The last day to drop a class without receiving a W grade is Wednesday, August 30th by 4:30 pm.
The last day to add courses is Thursday, August 31st by 4:30 p.m.
During these hours, UCAC students can check in for a virtual drop-in via the Navigate Student App (see video below for instructions). Once checked in, students will be seen on a first-available basis. Wait times will vary. A text message and/or email will be sent with a Zoom meeting link when the academic counselor is available. Due to the large volume of students needing assistance, students not present in the Zoom meeting within 10 minutes may be marked as a no-show and required to check in a second time to be seen on a first available basis.
During drop-ins, UCAC email responses may be delayed longer than usual. While email requests will continue to be monitored and responses provided, priority assistance will be given to students seen on a virtual drop-in basis.
- Freshmen enrolled in the Center for Freshman Year can schedule a drop-in meeting with their UCFY academic counselor through the Navigate Student App.
- Students enrolled in an LSU senior college can schedule a meeting with their respective college academic counselor through the Navigate Student App. Students should select “Academic Advising” as the appointment type to be directed to their specific senior college for assistance. Students can also contact their respective senior college for more information on current operating procedures.
- Students enrolled in an LSU senior college wishing to change majors to a program offered by another senior college, can schedule drop-in with a UCAC academic counselor and select “Change Major/Minor” as their service. Students who select this service in an effort to seek alternative services will be redirected to their appropriate advising unit for assistance.
- Students pursuing admission into Allied Health programs can meet with Mr. Anthony Oster, LSU’s Allied Health and Pharmacy Advisor, regardless of the major they are pursuing or the college in which they are enrolled. To schedule a meeting with Mr. Oster, please select your advising service as Allied Health Advising.
- Students pursuing admission into the LSU School of Nursing can meet with Ms. Valori Washington, LSU’s Pre-Nursing advisor. To schedule a meeting with Ms. Washington, please select your service as Pre-Nursing Advising.
- Non-UCAC students who register for a drop-in with UCAC will receive a cancellation notice and be directed to reschedule with the appropriate advising office to provide them with the best assistance possible.
Meet with an Advisor
Office Location & Hours:
Virtual Appointments only at this time
8:00 am–4:30 pm
At LSU, we’re family and care deeply about the well being of our students. LSU CARES is an initiative dedicated to helping students access the resources they need to thrive here.