OASIC currently has two isotope ratio mass spectrometers (MAT253 and Isoprime 100)
and one laser absorption isotopic water analyzer (Los Gatos IWA-35d-EP with auto-injector
and water vapor standard source). OASIC has capabilities for the isotopic analyses
of hydrogen, carbon, nitrogen, oxygen, and sulfur.
- Thermo Scientific MAT253 IRMS with dual-inlet is coupled with Gas Bench and Thermal Conversion Elemental Analyzer (TCEA).
- Isoprime 100 IRMS is coupled with a Vario Microcube Elemental Analyzer.
Los Gato Isotopic Water Analyzer (model IWA-45EP) - Off-axis ICOS.
- This compact fluorination line is equipped with a CO2 laser system (MIR-10, 25W) that
floats above the sample chamber enabling the use of non-flexible tubing for lower
blanks. Laser-heating (and fluorination) is controlled at the click of a mouse. This
system can be used to extract oxygen from almost all non-carbonate oxygen bearing
solids (e.g., silicates, oxides, phosphates, sulfates, etc.) for triple oxygen isotopic
- Dionex ICS 3000 for anion and cation concentration analysis.
- Vacuum extraction lines
- Labconco Freezone 4.5 Freezer Dry System
- Thermogravimetric Analyzer
- Chromium reduction sulfur line for extracting pyrite and acid-volatile sulfur; Soxhlet
extraction apparatus for extracting organic sulfur and elemental sulfur.
Other equipment: five fume hoods, five microbalances, two centrifuge machine, Millipore
simplicity, three furnaces, one sample shaker, one sample mixer, two water bath, one
Heat Ultrasonic Cleaner, etc..