Submitted April 19, 2019
Practice Name: Best Friends Animal Society
Contact Person: Kim Heenan
Phone: 4356442001 x 4504
Job Description: Mixed Practice Veterinarian (Relocation Available)
Veterinary opportunity of a lifetime at Best Friends Animal Society! Join our team at the largest animal sanctuary in the country! Help to save lives in our new state-of-the-art hospital where we pride ourselves on offering homeless pets the same top-of-the-line care that animals with the most loving families would have their vets provide. The new 13,000-square-foot facility offers a private room for shy community cats to stay before and after spay/neuter surgery, a dedicated dental suite, a state-of-the-art laboratory, an x-ray suite, an ultrasound room and many more features that allow us to provide top-notch care. Relocation Assistance Available.
The Mixed Practice Veterinarian provides quality medical care for a variety of species including large and small animals. Veterinary services are provided to our sanctuary animals, employee animals, and some public animals (i.e. other rescue groups' animals, and low income family pets).
- Responsible for the examination, diagnosis, and treatment of both large and small sanctuary animals, employee animals, and some public animals.
- Performing surgeries as required. This includes, but is not limited to, mid-to-high volume spay and neuter, soft tissue surgery and emergency surgery. There is also a great opportunity for orthopedic surgery so interest in this area is a plus.
- Diagnostic procedures include, but are not limited to, interpreting radiographs, ultrasounds, fine-needle aspirates, nasal and tracheal flushes.
- Dentals -procedures might include multiple extractions for dogs/ cats/ pigs, oral nasal fistulas, teeth trimming or other dental work for rabbits and floating teeth in the large animals.
- Advocate for animals, educate public, Best Friends Animal Society staff on all aspects of animal health, and ensure a safe and effective clinic environment.
- Educate, mentor and coach veterinary students.
- Collaborate with clinic staff as well department managers as needed on medical cases.
- Promote continuing development of medical care through continued education. Keep abreast of veterinary concerns and trends in the animal welfare movement.
- Delegate duties and responsibilities to technical support staff to ensure proper care and comfort of hospitalized patients.
- Other duties as assigned
Skills and Experience
- Doctorate of Veterinary Medicine (DVM, VMD) or equivalent required.
- Experience with large animals a must. There are a variety of species in our large animal department including horses, mules, donkeys, goats, sheep and pigs.
- Interest in or experience with other species such as parrots, rabbits, and wildlife are a plus. Proficient at spays and neuters of dogs and cats.
- Work experience preferred, but new graduates are encouraged to apply.
- License in good standing with state veterinary board.
- Must be licensed or have the ability to obtain a license in the state of Utah.
- License or application in progress for license with Drug Enforcement Agency.
- Flexible work schedule with emergency on-call duties as needed.
- Strong interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations. Strong communication skills to discuss recommendations and explain treatment options to the animal's caregiver and to give clear instruction to staff.
- Able to maintain clear communication with internal staff on all levels.
- Interest in continuing veterinary education and exploration of new technologies and treatment modalities.
- Ability to professionally advocate Best Friend’s positions on issues.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time while performing work requiring concentration and manual dexterity.
- Ability to lift animals of all sizes and bend, stoop and walk on a daily basis to examine and treat animals in care.
- Ability to work out of doors in all weather conditions, with temperatures ranging from below freezing to 100 degrees.
- When working with animals that are frightened or in pain there is a risk of being bitten, kicked or scratched. In addition, when working with diseased animals there is a risk of being infected by disease.
Best Friends Animal Society is an equal opportunity employer.
Submitted April 4, 2019
Practice Name: Clearfield Veterinary Clinic PC
Contact Person: Lara L. Taylor
Position available for a full time, small animal veterinarian. We are happy to help you transition into veterinary medicine and mentor you with what you need. At the clinic we do also see exotic patients. Knowledge and skills working with avian and exotics would be beneficial, but not required. We are a family owned clinic. Fast paced, friendly and the days are never dull. We offer a variety of services including routine dental care, digital x-rays, soft tissue and orthopedic surgeries, in house diagnostics and general medicine. There is always openings for expansions of services and new ideas are welcome. There are two emergency clinics located a few miles away where they provide emergency and critical care, advanced surgery, internal medicine, ophthalmology, cardiology and neurology. There is a board certified dermatologist and dentist within 30-45 minutes. We do not have night calls, but do see emergencies during the day.
Benefits are generous and open to negotiations. If interested please email ClearfieldVet@yahoo.com attn Dr. Lara Taylor.
Submitted December 5, 2018
Practice Name: Red Butte Veterinary Care
City: Salt Lake City
Contact Person: Rachel Taylor
Phone: 801-484-2220 x106
Red Butte Veterinary Care is a busy practice located in the very desirable northeast quadrant of Salt Lake City. This companion animal hospital has a dedicated, experienced, highly skilled staff, low to no staff turnover and a work flow that maximizes doctor time to see patients and manage their care. Doctors enjoy collaboration, mutual support, and perpetual learning. Check out our online reviews and you will see how well loved and respected we are in the community. Our website tells you more about us and the facility. We believe in long term relationships with staff and clients that result in consistent lifetime care for our patients.
This is a full-time, 35 hour per week Associate Veterinarian position. The schedule is flexible and negotiable and does not include any afterhours emergency coverage. We are looking for a well-rounded doctor who can, or is learning to, do routine surgeries, dental procedures, office visits and emergencies as they arise. The work environment is collaborative, supportive and dedicated to compassionate care for pets and people. The caseload is as abundant as you want it to be. Benefits are many and tailored to your needs and just so you know; include medical insurance paid in full. Full time salary is at least $100K which you will exceed through production bonuses at 25%.
Does it get any better than the base of the Wasatch Mountains? We don't think so. Our hospital is so close to the mountains you need to use Wi-Fi to make mobile calls inside the hospital. You will love the greatest snow on earth, miles and miles of world class mountain bike trails, rock climbing, hiking, more sunny days than you know what to do with, and to top it all off, what we refer to as Pet Heaven. Our high dry climate protects our pets from fleas, Lyme Disease and Leptospirosis. We are down the street from the University of Utah and a major medical center. Our clients are educated, professional, interesting, diverse and excellent pet owners. You will fit right in! And you can choose to live nearby, or in the Park City area, just a 20 minute drive from our clinic.
We offer an opportunity where you will be appreciated, well compensated, enjoy coming to work, and have the ability to grow in a collaborative and challenging environment with excellent mentorship and support.
For additional information, please contact our representative:
Global Recruiters Network