Submitted October 5, 2018
Practice Name: Gult Coast Veterinary Emergency Hospital
City/State: Biloxi, MS
Contact Person: Jeff Sutton
Gulf Coast Veterinary Emergency Hospital in Biloxi, MS is growing! We are currently seeking experienced full-time and part-time associate veterinarians to join our progressive hospital team!
Our American Animal Hospital Association (AAHA) Certified, state-of the-art 10,000 sq. foot facility supports the emergency and critical care needs of more than 100 veterinarians along the greater MS and AL coastal areas. It is staffed with veterinarians and support staff 24 hours a day and enjoys a large and varied case load of companion animal medical and surgical cases as well as occasional exotic, wildlife and small farm animal patients.
GCVEH is a uniquely designed facility that includes a large treatment area, 3 automatic glass door enclosed separate intensive care wards, a feline exclusive hospitalization ward, a spacious surgical suite, digital radiography and ultrasound suite and a training classroom. The facility includes a fantastic support team, an excellent in-house laboratory, on-site blood bank, oxygen cages, ventilator, full hospital automatic generator, the exclusive use of sevoflurane anesthesia, a companion animal laser and many other amenities.
Construction of a free-standing building to house a on-site crematorium and in-house blood banking equipment, and the addition of a Epica Vimago High Definition 3D Volumetric Imaging machine (with Hounsfield Units identical to a conventional CT) and Sechrist Hyperbaric Veterinary Chamber are currently underway!
If there is a mentoring interest, GCVEH regularly hosts 4th year veterinary student externs and technicians from several programs. Additionally, our facility utilizes “Fear Free” stress reduction techniques and is currently a Gold Level Certified AAFP Feline Friendly Practice.
Excellent communication skills to assist clients and veterinarians through challenging cases, a service-oriented attitude, experience in medical and surgical procedures and a sense of loyalty to our practice and referral veterinarians are a must. Overnight, week-end and holiday hours are required. Competitive compensation package includes a base salary with production-based compensation, generous flexible spending account, and a matching 401(k) retirement plan.
Enjoy a good quality of life, great compensation, a beautiful place to live by the water, and a rewarding career as a valued team member of a practice that is well support by the community
Interested candidates should send letters of interest and curriculum vitae to 8144 E. Oaklawn Rd, Biloxi, MS 39532 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. For further information, please contact Dr. Jeff Sutton (228) 239-6226 and/or Dr. Jennifer Sutton (228) 239-9190. Inquiries directed to this e-mail or Drs. Sutton directly will be held in the strictest of confidence.
Submitted October 5, 2018
Practice Name: Brookhaven Animal Hosp
Contact Person: Robert Watson
Job Description: Seeking an enthusiastic, motivated associate for a 3+ doctor small animal practice i n southwest Mississippi. Brookhaven, MS is located on I-55 130 miles north of New Orleans and 50 miles south of Jackson, MS. Brookhaven has a population of about 13,000 so its the perfect blend of small town life with big city access just up or down the interstate.
Our practice is a busy 20 year old established practice. We provide full medical, surgical, and dental services for our patients as well as comprehensive preventative care. We have digital radiography, laser therapy, a full lab including endocrine testing, a two table surgical suite, and much more. We offer a very competitive salary and benefit package. We recognize that quality of life is important to you as it is to us so we value our time off and make sure that you have time as well. If interested please feel free to call or email. We welcome the opportunity to give tours and answer questions.
Submitted August 15, 2018
Practice Name: North State Animal and Bird Hospital
City/State: Jackson, Mississippi
Contact Person: Josh Spriggs
North State Animal Hospital, located in Jackson, MS, is seeking an Associate Veterinarian to join our practice!
North State Animal Hospital is a well-established hospital serving our community for over 50 years. We are a fast-paced, four doctor practice in the metro-Jackson area. We focus on the care of companion animals, as well as avian, exotics and wildlife rehabilitation. We recognize the importance of the human-animal bond and it is our mission to work as a team to ensure that bond is strong by offering outstanding education, care, and service. We’re big on offering the best service for our clients and going above and beyond for each patient.
Our team is very family oriented and supportive! We know that work life balance is incredibly important and support one another in order to maintain this balance. We offer a 4 day work week and only one weekend a month, with no on call! We have seasoned doctors who are collaborative and staff members who’ve stayed with our practice year over year! We all pitch in - no task is too small. We’ll support a doctors unique career interests!
Visit our website: http://www.northstateanimalhospital.com/
More information about hospital:
- Dedicated surgical suite
- Digital radiography
- ECG monitoring and pulse oximetry
- Laser therapy
- Limited ultrasounds
- Full-service boarding and grooming
- Excellent relationships with Mississippi State, Auburn, and LSU
- In-house pharmacy, as well as a local pharmacy available for specialty compounding
- We are a wildlife receiving center accepting Federal and State animals for rehabilitation
- We encourage and support the cultivation of our doctors’ special interests! We’re open to exploring new ideas, procedures, and pharmacology.
- Jackson, MS is centrally located with an average temperature of 75 degrees! We are family friendly with a great outdoor activities, restaurants and museums! The Barnett Reservoir offers boating, fishing, and other water sports. We have a local baseball team and several golf courses! There are great schools and local universities, including, Belhaven University, Millsaps University, Mississippi College, etc.
We reward leadership and excellence with:
- Highly competitive base salary
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- 401(k) plan
- Paid Vacation and Sick Time
- Paid Holidays
- Continuing Education Allowance
- Career Growth Opportunities
- In-house Training
If you are looking for an excellent practice, with unmatched growth potential, we want to hear from you! Please apply today!
Submitted on May 30, 2018
Practice Name: Banfield Pet Hospital
City/State: Jackson, MS
Contact Person: Shelby Smith
Job Description: Job Title: Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) Sign on and/or relocation available
Banfield aspires to be a practice where as a team, we make a positive impact on pet health care in hospitals, communities, and the field of veterinary medicine.
We believe hiring doctors with diverse perspectives, ideas, and cultures, permits us to deliver to the highest quality of preventive care for each pet and client.
Whether you are a recent graduate or an experienced veterinarian looking for a change, a new beginning at Banfield means an open door to explore the next best move in your professional veterinary career.
Are you ready to dedicate yourself to helping us advance veterinary medicine across our practice and throughout the industry?
- Practice in accordance to state practice act and principles of veterinary medical ethics
- Leverage evidence-based medicine and continue pursuit of education to deliver quality patient care
- Devote yourself to the culture of preventive care and Optimum Wellness Plans
- Adopt and positively impact new veterinary standards and guidelines
- Deliver medical and surgical treatments with formulary approved pharmaceuticals, supplies, and equipment, in accordance with Banfieldâ€™s Medical Quality Standards
- Partner with clients as an advocate for the pet to plan follow-up visits, provide home-care instructions, and education to ensure the lifelong health of their pets
- Maintain relevant, comprehensive medical records with the support of practice systems, including Banfieldâ€™s database, PetWare, designed to obtain data for population research
- Foster an effective veterinary support team by communicating medical standards, ethical practices, and your veterinary knowledge and experience
- Exemplify the Mars Five Principles â€” Quality, Responsibility, Mutuality, Efficiency, and Freedom
State Veterinary Board License and must be in good standing for the state in which they intend to be hired, prior to their start date.
- A State Controlled Substance (SCS) License may be required by the state in which you intend to work. If you do not already hold an SCS, Banfield encourages you to obtain this license after your start date as the practice may reimburse this cost.
- Once an associate has obtained their SCS, Banfield will apply and pay for your DEA License. New associates will be required to take their state USDA Accreditation class by the time they reach the 12-week mark from their hire date.
Your well-being matters.
We know that your real passion for pet well-being is why you chose this profession. At Banfield, we believe it is just as important to support the well-being of those who devote their lives to this cause. Through our extensive network and support structure, Banfield offers a wide array of benefits and programs, empowering you to focus on yourself and your family, as you care for pets and clients.
As a Banfield veterinarian, we want you to take full advantage of work and play through:
- Competitive salary with paid time off
- Medical, dental, vision and prescription drug benefits for you and eligible dependents
- Automatic enrollment 401(k) Savings Plan after 60 days of employment
- Health Savings Account with annual practice-paid funding of $750 to supplement health care expenses
- Automatic enrollment in 100% practice paid short- and long-term disability after 60 days of employment â€“ includes maternity leave
- Liability and malpractice insurance
- Eligibility to enroll in the Veterinary Student Debt Relief Pilot Program
- Optimum Wellness Plans (OWPs) for up to three pets
- A variety of discounts including Mars, PetSmart, Royal Canin, fitness, cellular, and so much more
Submitted April 18, 2018
Practice Name: Tylertown Animal Hospital
City/State: Tylertown, MS
Contact Person: Robert K. Loper DVM
We are a growing practice in need of an enthusiastic, energetic associate. Our practice is 85 small/ 15 large. Our new office building was constructed in 2011. The building is 6500 sf, with lots of nice amenities, including digital radiography and ultrasound. New graduates welcome. We currently have 3 doctors on staff. Contact Dr. Robert Loper for more information.