Fees & Payments
Summer 2020 Semester: $105
(The fees above are included in tuition for full-time students. Part-time students can elect to pay the fees above to use SHC services.)
Student Health Fee
All full-time students pay the Student Health Fee as part of their full time tuition and fees. Part-time students and non-student spouses can opt to pay the fee.
What Does the Fee Cover?
- It covers unlimited routine visits to clinicians in the Medical Clinic, the Gynecology Clinic, and the Specialty Clinics.
- It covers appointments with a counselor or psychiatrist in Medical Health Service.
- It covers services, including nutrition counseling and wellness coaching in the Office of Wellness and Health Promotion.
What Doesn't the Fee Cover?
- It doesn’t cover the cost for laboratory, diagnostic imaging, injections, and other special procedures.
- It doesn’t cover psychological testing.
- It doesn’t cover lab work associated with the annual gynecology examination.
- It doesn’t cover the Rape Aggression Defense (RAD) Systems self-defense course for women.
All students who are identified by the University as full-time students are required to pay the Student Health Fee, which is included in their tuition and fees.
Part-time students have the option to pay the Student Health Fee. They can elect to pay the fee when they register for classes or at any time during the semester. They start receiving services at the time they pay the fee. If a student has dropped from full-time to part-time status during a semester and has received a full or partial refund of the Student Health Fee from the Office of Bursar Operations, the student must repay the remainder of the SHC fee to continue to be eligible.
The Cashier Area accepts cash, checks with appropriate identification, and most major credit cards. Students are not required to pay at the time of service. All unpaid charges are automatically transferred to their fee bill and can be viewed on MyLSU. In addition, the Cashier area can assist students with filing insurance claims.