- Fill in all information required by the LSU Graduate School.
- Required for Chemistry: Request three (3) Letters of Recommendation. NOTE: These can be submitted via online application, by email, or in a sealed envelope to the Chemistry Graduate Office (see address below).
- Required for Chemistry: Upload your Statement of Purpose via the online application.
- Required for Chemistry: Enter scores for GRE (and TOEFL or IELTS scores, if applicable) on the online application
if you have already taken the exams.
- Required for Chemistry: Upload a copy of your transcripts (unofficial versions are acceptable).
- Optional for Chemistry: Upload your CV and any sample publications.
- Optional for Chemistry: Upload a brief summary of previous teaching and research experience.
2. Email the following information to the Dept. of Chemistry to the Chemistry Graduate Office:
- Required - Indicate which of the following research areas you are most interested in: Analytical,
Biological, Computational/Theoretical, Environmental, Inorganic, Macromolecular/Polymer,
Materials, Nanoscience, Organic, or Physical.
- Required - If transcripts were not included in the online application, please email and attach
a copy of your transcripts (all undergraduate and graduate), or mail these to the
Chemistry Graduate Office at the address below.
3. Send in official GRE (and TOEFL or IELTS scores, if applicable) to the LSU Graduate School. The ETS
institution code for LSU Graduate School is 6373.
Our mailing address is:
* Application fees are waived for U.S. citizens and permanent residents.
December 15th - Priority Deadline for Admission and Fellowships
January 15th - Deadline for International Students
March 15th - Regular Admission Deadline
May 15th - Deadline for Late Admission (Domestic Students)
A limited number of students may be admitted for Spring. Please contact the Graduate Studies Office for more information.
October 15th - Deadline for All Applications