Incoming Student Timeline
Junior Year of High School
Take a tour
Senior Year of High School
Explore Housing Options
October 1 of Senior Year
Begin Registering for Housing
Receive Acceptance Letter from your Res College
Find Roommates in Online Matching System
Deadline for Res College Approval
Room & Roommate Selection
So You’ve Registered for Housing…What Comes Next?
Find Your Roommate
- Roommate matching opens January 29, 2018, in the housing portal (myLSU>Student Services>On-campus Housing), where you can create a personal profile, search for potential roommates and suite mates and accept/decline roommate invitations.
- Please note that Residential Life does not utilize your personal profile to match you with your roommate. It is a tool we provide to you for finding your roommate in our system.
Select Your Room
- Based on your housing date of application, you will receive a designated Room Selection Time Slot (a day and time) to log in to the online housing portal and select your actual room and building in April/May.
Check Your Status
- Check your housing status on myLSU > Student Services > On-campus Housing. Click on “Application Status” in the top right corner to view the most up to date information about your room and roommate.
- If you need to change anything, email email@example.com.
Get on a Building Waitlist
- If you don't get into your top choices of building, you can add yourself to a building's waitlist in late spring.
ROOM & ROOMMATE SELECTION GUIDE