If you currently live on campus and want to request a room or building change:
- Make Request Monday-Wednesday
- See the Residential Life Assignments staff in Grace King Hall Monday-Wednesday between 8:30 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. to request a room change.
- If space is available, you will receive your room change approval paperwork.
- Complete Room Change Friday-Sunday
- Go to your new room’s front desk between 6-8 p.m. on Friday, Saturday or Sunday and provide your LSU ID and room change approval paperwork. Officially check in to your new room assignment.
- Receive you new room key and card access.
- Move your belongings.
- Return to your original room’s front desk to officially check out of the room and return your key (if a physical key).
- You must complete the room change process by Sunday at 11:59 p.m. or you will be charged for both spaces.
If you have a vacant space in your room or apartment:
- Please visit your Residence Life Coordinator (RLC) to discuss your options at your earliest convenience.
- If the other space in your room or apartment is not occupied, you may request to keep your room as “private” by paying 1.5 x rate of the room. This guarantees another student will not be assigned to that vacant space.
- If you do not want to pay the additional private rate, you will need to fill out the appropriate form with your RLC in your community or the Assignments staff in Grace King Hall and keep one side clear of belongings in case another student gets assigned to the room.
- That vacant space could be assigned to a student at any time throughout the semester.