Residential Life powers success by delivering to on-campus residents’ doorsteps world-class facilities, scholars, and programs that are a proven foundation for success at LSU and essential to a well-rounded college experience.
- Endowed graduate housing stipends of $6,000-$9,000 annually for those demonstrating a financial need and desire to live in an affordable campus option as an alternative to off-campus housing
- $100,000-$200,000 in annual support of residential colleges to provide academic support and co-curricular programs at no additional cost to students demonstrating financial need
- $30-$40 million matching partnership, leveraging $15-$20 million in private support with revenue bonds to construct an LSU apartment complex for veterans and non-traditional students with a family
- Residential Life currently serves nearly 6,000 students.
- The opening of Nicholson Gateway Apartments in fall 2018 will offer graduate students the opportunity to live in modern, comfortable, accessible on-campus housing—a competitive advantage to attract the best and brightest candidates.
- An LSU apartment complex for veterans and non-traditional students with families is another step toward providing a premier college experience for veterans, complementing the work of the new Brookshire Military and Student Veterans Center, home to Veteran and Military Student Services.
- LSU’s eight academic discipline-based and two interest-based residential colleges create smaller communities based on common majors or interests and foster greater student-faculty interaction beyond the classroom.
For more information or to make a gift, please reach out to Catherine David, Associate Director of Communications & Development.
In-Kind Donations & Partnerships
For more information on partnering with Residential Life, contact Catherine David, Associate Director of Communications & Development.