Residential Life & Education Graduate Assistantships
Graduate Residence Directors
A Graduate Residence Director (GRD) is a live-in graduate student staff member in the Department of Residential Life in the Residential Life & Education area who is responsible for the co-administration of a living community. Under the supervision of a full time Residence Life Coordinator, a GRD serves as a support in all aspects of building management including student staff supervision, administrative management, and community development. Assistantship is filled for 2018-19.
- Provided a furnished apartment in the community where you work
- Receive a partial meal plan to eat with residents
- Preference is given to master’s students enrolled in the Higher Education Administration program. However, students in all programs are welcome to apply.
Graduate Assistant for Student Conduct
The Graduate Assistant for Student Conduct is responsible for the co-supervision of the Student Conduct office, administration of the student conduct process, and assisting in the organization and management of Residential Life processes. Assistantship is filled for 2018-19.
Graduate Assistant for Leadership
The Graduate Assistant for Leadership is responsible for serving as the primary advisor to the Residence Hall Association and National Residence Hall Honorary at LSU. They are also responsible for assisting the Assistant Director for Training and Leadership in student leadership activities and establishing appropriate working relationships with other university entities. Assistantship is filled for the 2018-19 academic year.
Graduate Assistant for Staffing and Operations
The Graduate Assistant for Staffing and Operations is responsible for assisting in the development of academic initiatives, programs to enhance the success of students, and assessment initiatives for the department. Assistantship is filled for 2018-19.
Graduate Assistant for Student Success and Assessment
The Graduate Assistant for Student Success and Assessment is a responsible for assisting in the development of academic initiatives, programs to enhance the success of students, and assessment initiatives for the department. Assistantship is filled for 2018-19.
Candidates who are interested in interviewing for any of the Residential Life & Education graduate assistantships for LSU Residential Life should submit a cover letter, resume, and list of three references to:
ATTN: Residential Life & Education
Associate Director for Staffing and Operations
LSU Residential Life
January 2018 - Application opens.
February - March, 2018 - Interviews
Candidates may interview in one of three ways:
- In Person/Phone/Skype Interview –Interviews will be scheduled on a rolling basis as needed.
- The Oshkosh Placement Exchange – Representatives from LSU will be attending the Oshkosh Placement Exchange in Oshkosh, WI February 2018. Candidates who are attending and interested in interviewing with LSU should indicate so in their cover letter, or contact us through the Placement Exchange website.
- LSU Student Life & Enrollment Visiting Days – The Division of Student Life & Enrollment hosts an on-campus interview day for students who are interested in attending LSU’s Higher Education Administration Program.
Spring 2018 - Offers
LSU Residential Life will begin making offers for assistantships in the spring semester. If you have not been admitted to a graduate program by the offer date, then your offer will be pending acceptance into a program.