Boot Camp | LSU School of Theatre
Thursday, August 18 - Sunday, August 21, 2022
The LSU Theatre Boot Camp is an intensive one-week program designed specifically for incoming theatre students. The program is focused on helping students make a smooth transition to LSU Theatre and campus life, prior to the start of the fall semester.
Registration deadline: July 31, 2022
*Co-registration of the Theatre Boot Camp with other activities (offered during the same dates) such as GREEK RECRUITMENT, STRIPES, or TIGER BAND is prohibited.
At LSU Theatre Boot Camp, participants will:
• Learn important study skills.
• Get a jump start on the course content.
• Collaborate in the creation of an original film production to be presented to the current School of Theatre students and faculty at the conclusion of the week.
• Work with faculty, School of Theatre student ambassadors, and university staff.
• Participants will attend intensives representative of LSU Theatre‘s core curriculum including Performance, Design and Technology, and Film and Television.
• Students will also learn about other services and resources around campus and attend workshops with topics such as time management and self-care—integral to a successful academic career.
• Collaborate with peers and develop relationships.
*Please note that participation in Boot Camp is expected of all incoming students in the School of Theatre including the Bachelor of Arts (BA) in Theatre (Performance, Design/Tech, Theatre Studies, Physical Theatre and Theatre Studies) and the Bachelor of Fine Arts (BFA) in Film & Television.
The LSU School of Theatre Boot Camp is offered in conjunction with Welcome Week allowing students to participate in both major-specific workshops and campus-wide activities. Students will register for Boot Camp as part of their Welcome Week registration available in your Admissions Portal; Boot Camp will be your Choose Your Adventure (CYA) option.
Questions can be directed to Rain Scott-Catoire at email@example.com.