Thank you for your interest in joining the School of Leadership & Human Resource Development Master of Science (MS) program. This page describes the admission criteria for our program. We make every effort to review application materials as quickly as possible. In order to do so, you will need to submit several pieces of information. Failure to submit ALL of the documents listed below in a timely fashion will slow the admission decision.
Required Application Materials:
- Resume or C.V.
- Three letters of recommendation
- GRE Scores
- Undergraduate transcripts
- Post-baccalaureate transcripts
- Graduate transcripts
- Personal statement expressing your interest in the program. In 500 words or less introduce yourself to the faculty, describe your professional and academic goals, and explain how you think our MS program fits your interests and goals.
Grade Point Average (GPA) Requirements:
- A minimum of a 3.0 GPA in the last half (60 hours) of undergraduate coursework.
- A minimum of a 3.0 GPA on all previous graduate coursework.
Graduate Record Exam (GRE) Requirements:
The minimum GRE score for admission to the MS program is 300 (verbal + quantitative).
Applicants to the MS program may have the GRE requirement waived if they meet the GPA requirements listed above, demonstrate at least three years full-time work experience, AND provide a GRE Waiver Essay. The essay must be 1,000 words or less and use specific examples from your professional work experience to demonstrate:
- Your motivation to succeed as a professional.
- Your ability to persevere in the face of demanding professional challenges.
- Your intellectual ability to master challenging and difficult subject matter.
We have rolling admissions and admit students to the program throughout the year according to the following deadlines:
- Applications for fall admission are due by May 15
- Applications for spring admission are due by October 15
- Applications for summer admission are due by March 15