Supplemental Instruction (SI) is a series of weekly study sessions offered for students enrolled in historically difficult courses. Students who attend three or more SI sessions typically earn a 0.5 letter grade higher than students who do not attend.
Online SI sessions are hosted on Zoom. In order to participate in online SI sessions, you will need speakers and a high speed internet connection. Participation in online SI sessions can occur through the Zoom chat features or with a webcam/microphone.
SI sessions are:
- Free, voluntary and open to all students
- An opportunity to improve understanding of material and course grades
- An excellent way to meet other people in your class
- Guided by an SI Leader who has taken the course and is prepared to share what they learned and how to study. The leader attends the class and works in close association with the instructor so that sessions are relevant to the material covered
- Available in numerous subjects. View details related to your course.
Interested in becoming an SI leader?
Supplemental Instruction leaders are responsible for organizing additional study sessions to aid students in learning course material.
To access your online SI sessions and SI Office Hours:
- Log into your course in Moodle
- Click on "SI session" or "SI Office Hours" link
- Join through LSU Zoom
Supplemental Instruction Office Hours
SI Office Hours are a chance for students to get additional assistance from the SI
leader and receive further clarifications on topics, go over concepts which they are
struggling with, or ask more specific questions which they may not have been addressed
during the session. This provides students an opportunity to get more detail on a
topic, ask about test preparation or study skills, and get individualized attention
from their leader.
Please refer to your syllabus/course Moodle page for information on SI Office Hour times and days.
Summer 2020 Supplemental Instruction Schedule
SI is supported by the College of Science, The College of Business, and the College Humanities & Social Sciences.
Please refer to your syllabus for further information on session times and days. Each session's Zoom link is located in your course Moodle.
Note: Some session times may change. The schedule will be updated if this occurs. Please check your course Moodle page for the most current information about SI and SI Office Hours for your course.