Agriculture Career Fair
Date: Thursday, October 15, 2020
Time: 10 a.m.–2 p.m.
Location: Virtual, accessed via Handshake here
Contact: LSU Olinde Career Center
The agriculture industry offers a variety of careers aligned with most majors!
Co-hosted with the College of Agriculture, the Agriculture Career Fair allows students from LSU and Southern University to network with local and nationwide employers recruiting for a variety of internship and full-time positions within food, nutrition, textile, environmental, plant, soil and animal sciences as well as forestry, wildlife and fisheries biology, conservation and natural resources management, business, engineering, communications, sales, fashion and merchandising, human services and more. Additionally, students will have the chance to inquire about admission information on agriculture professional school programs.
Fall 2020 Event Sponsors Coming Soon
Learn more about employer sponsorship opportunities below.
This event is open to current students of LSU System campuses and alumni from the Baton Rouge campus as well as Southern University students.
LSU Students and Alumni: See Important Pre-Event Steps in the next section below which are strongly recommended. Pre-registration is not required. You can access the event on the day-of by logging into Handshake here.
Alumni: Alumni must have an active Handshake account to access this event. If you do not already have a Handshake account, create it here.
Important Pre-Event Steps for Students and Alumni
Prior to the event, students and alumni should ensure they have a Visible résumé in Handshake and create their schedule for the event.
Upload your résumé and mark it as Visible: At this event, employers will rely on your résumé to learn more about you beyond what
can be shared during a 1:1 or Group Session. Our team has to review and approve your
résumé once you upload it to Handshake. If your résumé is not set to Visible, they
won't be able to view it. Learn how to upload your résumé to Handshake, then learn how to mark your résumé as Visible.
October 12-14: Students are encouraged to sign up for 1:1 and Group Sessions to meet with employers before the event in order to be prepared for the event day. Sign ups are permitted on the day of the event. By October 12, all employers will have their schedules ready for you to sign up under the event in Handshake.1:1 Sessions are 10 minutes long and open to one student and one employer representative. Group Sessions are 30 minutes long and open to multiple students. Sign up for sessions by logging into Handshake to access the event page here.
Virtual Handshake Event Resources
- Pre-recorded Expo Prep Workshop: Career Expo Prep with LSU Olinde Career Center and Insight Global. Hear tips on networking in a virtual space, how to sign up for sessions, and how to make the most of the largest recruiting event of the semester, from Ericka, Talent Acquisition Specialist, from Insight Global.
- Student Webinar: Tips for Rocking a Handshake Virtual Career Fair. Handshake experts walk through a demonstration of how to attend a virtual career fair this fall. They cover an overview of virtual fairs in Handshake, a demo of how to sign up for Sessions and navigate the event, and ways to be successful at the event.
- Detailed guide to attending a fair from the experts at Handshake.
- Article on participating in a fair, complete with how to test your audio and video functions.
- Day-of Event Support: Visit the Zoom Student Support link on the event page in Handshake in order to get assistance from the career center team.
To register for the Agriculture Career Fair:
- Log into Handshake. Not a Handshake user? Create your free account today!
- Select the "Fairs" tab on the left navigation menu
- Search for this event by entering "Louisiana State University" in the search bar. All LSU open event registrations will appear for you to browse. Select the event you would like to register for and proceed with the registration form.
- Please note: Payment instructions will be sent to you via email within one week of your registration submission. Questions? Contact Contact Courtney Edwards at email@example.com.
- Free registration for employers
Elevate student awareness of your organization and hiring opportunities while improving students’ experiences through event sponsorship!
Event Sponsor Benefits
- Virtual Carer Fair Placement:
- Your organization’s booth link(s) will be placed in a Preferred Location on the employer listing page that students view within the virtual career event platform. This placement will keep you top-of-mind for students browsing employers during the event. Placement is at the discretion of the LSU Olinde Career Center.
- Student Promotion:
- Your organization will be promoted as an Event Sponsor on the event web page, student and employer Handshake event pages, and in all student and employer emails promoting this event.
- Your organization will be recognized during the event as an Event Sponsor and in an @LSUCareerCenter social media post related to the event. You are also encouraged to tag @LSUCareerCenter in your social media posts and stories so that we can share onto our channels.
Become an event sponsor for $500. You can sign-up to be an event sponsor during the registration process.
Download the Career Event Refund, Cancellation and Weather Policy.
College of Agriculture Career Prep Week
The Agriculture Career Fair is part of Career Prep Week, which offers a variety of opportunities for agriculture employers to network and engage with students, including a Virtual Networking Social for employers and students the evening before the Career Fair.