To be eligible for the program, students must:
- Apply as an LSU student with at least 61 undergraduate credit hours or more.
- Have and maintain a 2.5 cumulative grade point average.
- Be deemed eligible to participate by the Office of Student Advocacy and Accountability / Office of the Dean of Students.
- Have demonstrated a strong commitment to involvement in campus and community organizations and activities, as well as articulate the values of the Commitment to Community, and a commitment to learning more about your own leadership.
- Have a recommendation letter submitted on your behalf from a faculty member, staff member, advisor or mentor who can speak to your leadership abilities.
- Agree to the date and time participation requirements of Leadership LSU including:
- Attend the welcome dinner (September 11 at 5 p.m.)
- Attend all weekly meetings (Fridays from 9:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m., September 11 through November 20)
- Attend the Leadership LSU Luncheon (November 21, 2020)
- Attendance at each of these Leadership LSU events is mandatory unless excused by a Leadership LSU staff member. Students should understand that excuses are not granted for multiple absences. Students should plan their classes not to overlap with Friday 9:30-11:30 a.m. sessions.