Dear student organization leaders:
What a time this is for all of us. As you return from spring break and begin online classes, the Campus Life staff spent the past two weeks preparing for supporting student organizations during this time.
As we are all making adjustments, you can be confident that our team is here to assist you and your student organization by providing resources. We have created this resource page with several tools to keep your organization on track for the remainder of the semester.
We will continue to be your resource and guide for your student organization. If you would like to set-up a meeting with one of our team members, please email us at email@example.com, and we will be happy to schedule a Zoom meeting with you.
Again, thank you for your commitment to your organization, Campus Life, and LSU.
Student Organization Management Tools
While we are not able to host in-person meetings and events, we can help you execute the following:
- Virtual member and executive board meetings
- Officer elections via Tigerlink
- Online transition meetings with our Involvement Team
Campus Life Involvement Office Hours
Although you are not currently able to come see us in the office, you can still join us for virtual office hours. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to request a meeting time.
Our Involvement Team is here and ready to host transitions meetings with your organization. Our “office hours” for transition meetings are Monday through Friday, from 1-4 p.m. You can sign up at https://doodle.com/mm/lsucampuslife/rsobook-a-time and our team will send you a Zoom meeting link as your confirmation.
Hosting Virtual Events as a Student Organization
As you consider hosting virtual events, please be sure to take the following steps:
- Place events in Tigerlink for approval as you normally would do for on/off campus events
- Under Event Details, when asked “Show To,” please select, “Public”
- When selecting, “Who can attend this event,” mark the box that says “open to LSU community” as many students are looking for ways to engage with other students during this time
- Add the virtual location to this event – this is a new feature that Tigerlink has created
Continuing to meet during your normal day/time using an online video conferencing system like Zoom (https://lsu.zoom.us/)
Zoom is a web-based conferencing platform that is accessible on MacOS, WIndows, iOS, and Android mobile devices. Students, faculty, and staff can create virtual meetings that can be joined by anyone in the world with a simple link.
- There is a screen-sharing feature that would allow a powerpoint or documents to be displayed and discussed as well as a recording option if content would like to be recorded in advance and distributed to organization members.
- Zoom may be helpful for: full organization meetings, committee meetings, interviews, one on one conversations, and more.
Utilizing Tigerlink features for completing organization business online
Your organization’s Tigerlink page has the capability to facilitate many things online that organizations may have initially scheduled for in person meetings during the next few weeks into the remainder of the semester. The organization tools available for your organizations may be very helpful for this. Log on to the Involvement Resources page and get all the information on:
- Creating a Virtual Election
- How to Use the News feature
- Adding a Virtual Meeting/Event Location
- Roster Messaging
- Creating a Message Relay
Please remember to take care of yourself during this time. The LSU Student Health Center in conjunction with Mental Health Services has a 24-hour crisis and emotional support hotline. Call or text 225-924-LSU1(5781) to utilize the service. There is also an online chat feature that can be found HERE. If you are concerned about a friend or class member who you think might be in crisis or distress, you can contact LSU Cares at LSU Student of Concern.
Additional guidance and resources will be communicated as available on this website,
posted on Tigerlink, and on our office’s social media platforms. Follow @LSUCampus
Life on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
As always, GEAUX TIGERS!
LSU Food Pantry
In response to COVID-19, the LSU Food Pantry remains closed. We encourage students in need to contact the United Way’s 211 service for information and food assistance resources that may be available in their local area:
Dial 211 (from any location in the US for local services)
Visit http://211.org (for all US states and Washington DC)
Text LACOVID to 898-211 (for Louisiana services only)
Visit www.LA211Help.org (for Louisiana service only)
Continue to visit lsu.edu/coronavirus for the latest updates from LSU