TigerCASH | LSU Auxiliary Services

Tiger Card


TigerCASH is a debit card system using your Tiger Card (LSU ID) to provide a fast, safe and convenient way to make purchases on and off campus. One of the great things about TigerCASH is convenience! Make deposits easily, via your fee bill, one of three VTS machine locations campus-wide or by our website! You’ll enjoy convenient purchasing power without carrying cash at over 300 locations on campus. When you make a purchase, your remaining balance will be electronically displayed so you’ll always know how much money remains in the account. 


What is TigerCASH and where can I use it?

TigerCASH is a free service provided to all active card holders. TigerCASH is a debit system that allows one to purchase items all over campus as well as off-campus.  


How do I obtain a TigerCASH account?

All students and employees with a Tiger Card have a TigerCASH account. Making a deposit will activate the account.


How do I make a deposit to my TigerCASH account?

Deposits may be made in the Tiger Card office located on the 1st floor of the Student Union, at 1 of 3 on-campus kiosks (LSU Student Union, Patrick F. Taylor Hall, and LSU Library), as well as online at www.tcard.lsu.edu. In office deposits may be made with cash or check. Web deposits may be made with credit cards (will charge 2.5% processing fee). Kiosk machines except cash only. You can also add TigerCASH via your fee bill through “Additional Services” on your MyLSU account using the 3001 service code.


Can parents add money to a TigerCASH account?

Yes, parents can make deposits on their student's account by visiting tcard.lsu.edu and adding value via Credit Card. Parents may also create a guest account to deposit funds and to see transaction history.


How may I check the balance on my account?

Balances may be checked online, in the Tiger Card Office, or at a kiosk location on campus.


What happens to the money at the end of the semester?

TigerCASH accounts remain open and funds carry over to the next semester until graduation or resignation. Then, you must request your remaining balance.


May I withdraw money from TigerCASH?

If you are a current student or employee, withdrawals CANNOT be made. Upon graduation or resignation from the university, you can request a one-time withdrawal of TigerCASH funds.


How do I close an account?

Students may close accounts and obtain refunds upon graduation or withdrawal from the University. Request forms are available in the office and online. Also, a written request containing the account holder’s name, ID #, telephone number and address may be sent in as a formal request. Faculty and Staff may close accounts at any time using the same procedure.


Why does the balance from a vending machine show a lower balance than my actual balance?

Vending machines may display the amount of its highest price item as the balance. Actual balances may be obtained in the office, at a VTS machine or on the online office.


What happens if I lose money in a kiosk or vending machine? How do I get a refund?

Vending machine refunds are only given due to machine malfunctions. Please visit the Tiger Card Office located on the first floor of the Student Union to talk to a Tiger Card representative about the vending machine issue.