If you need these forms or information in an alternate format, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The nonmachinable surcharge is added to First-Class Mail® with any of the following criteria:
- For pieces more than 4-1/4 inches high or 6 inches long, the thickness is less than 0.009 inch
- The length divided by height is less than 1.3 or more than 2.5 (length is the dimension parallel to the address)
- It is poly-bagged, poly-wrapped, enclosed in any plastic material, or has an exterior surface made of a material that is not paper
- It has clasps, strings, buttons, or similar closure devices
- It is too rigid or contains items such as pens, keys or coins that cause the thickness of the mailpiece to be uneven
- It has a delivery address parallel to the shorter dimension of the mailpiece