Focused investments in five key areas, including Student Success, will elevate the LSU Division of Student Affairs’ proven success in delivering industry-leading students affairs programming for all LSU students.
We power student success by leading retention-focused initiatives to empower our students with resources and services that support timely graduation and lifelong success.
For more information or to make a gift, please reach out to DeShanna Brown, EdD, Director of Development, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 225-578-0388.
- $5 million endowment to fund academic support resources that increase retention rates beyond students’ critical first year and enhance their learning experience
- Supplemental Instruction and peer-led study support to assist in the university’s overall retention and graduation rates
- Funding to support STRIPES, student mentoring, and expanded initiatives for first-year students
- Endowed scholarships of $200,000/$500,000/$750,000
- The LSU Center for Academic Success is one of only three such centers with the National College Learning Center Association’s Learning Center of Excellence designation.
- Students who attend in-class academic strategy presentations better their course grade by an entire letter and their overall GPA by half of a point, on average.
- First Year Experience drives longstanding programs that help students engage in the campus community, including First Year Seminar, a proven retention tool that provides students an opportunity to engage in a small class cohort and get to know a faculty member.
- The graduation rate for students who attend Supplemental Instruction is 86 percent, compared to 57 percent for students who do not use SI services.
Learn more about the Division of Student Affairs’ philanthropic priorities.