LSU Higher Ed GA Interview Day
The Division of Student Affairs and the Higher Education Administration (HEA) program are excited to announce the availability of Graduate Assistantship opportunities for the 2018-19 academic year! These positions are provided by Campus Life, Olinde Career Center, Orientation, Residence Life, and Student Affairs Central Office.
Please the list below and view the attached job descriptions for detailed information regarding the position. To apply, you must be an enrolled LSU HEA graduate student, admitted LSU HEA graduate student, or have completed the LSU graduate admission application for the higher education administration program. In addition, you must follow the detailed instructions below:
- Complete the Graduate Assistant Interview Day Participation Application
- Submit one general cover letter and professional resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Detail your work and leadership experiences and how they may be beneficial to various units and graduate assistantships
Current graduate students will serve as hosts for a limited number of students for the interview days. To sign up for those accommodations, please complete the Graduate Assistant Interview Day Participation Application. Information on local hotels can be accessed at Visit Baton Rouge.
We look forward to meeting you!
The 2018 event will take place on March 8-11.
Please watch this page. Updates will be posted as soon as available.
In the meantime, please see below for a sample schedule from last year's event:
- 12 p.m. -- Check-in to receive welcome packet/schedule. Leave with Higher Ed buddy to go to their residence, if participant is seeking overnight accommodations.
- 2 p.m. -- Welcome and meeting with faculty
- Welcome by HEA Program Faculty
- HEA Program Overview
- HEA Graduate Student Life
- 6 p.m. -- Dinner and social
- 8:30 a.m. -- Welcome, continental breakfast, and Graduate Assistant Interviews
- 9 a.m.-11:30 a.m. -- GA Interviews
- 11:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m. -- Lunch and remarks from university administrators and officials
- 1:30-4:00 p.m. -- GA Interviews
NOTE: Candidates may leave the GA Interview Program after completing their last interviews of the day. However, participation in a check-out process is required.
Check out the campus map for assistance in locating buildings and parking.
LSU is an Equal Opportunity/ Equal Access Employer