National Pan-Hellenic Council Intake
- A presentation explaining the purpose of each organization as established by founders of that fraternity or sorority
- When interest/informational meetings will be held by each chapter, what GPA requirements are, how much it costs to become a member, and any other expectations of membership
- State, local, and university policies concerning hazing
- The Unwritten Rules on pursuing membership in an NPHC Fraternity or Sorority.
NPHC Greek Code
It’s that time of year again! Come out this Friday, January 19th at 5:30 pm and get some important information on how to join one of our NPHC organizations from the people who know it best!
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the Basic Requirements?Basic requirements for joining any NPHC organization:
- Must be a full-time student (enrolled in at least 12 hours in fall/spring semester)
- Maintain at least a 2.5 GPA (though most organizations require, for intake/initiation, at least a 2.5 cumulative G.P.A., so strive for higher)
- A minimum of between 12-36 cumulative hours
What is Intake?An NPHC reference to how new members are brought into the individual organizations.
What is an Interest Meeting?Individual meetings held by organizations to introduce the ideals, philosophy and the current membership of their organization.
When is Intake?NPHC Chapters conduct intake on a case by case basis and conduct intake as needed. In order to find out more about each chapter’s specific intake plans, please attend Greek Code in the Fall/Spring and be sure to attend that chapter’s events. If you have any other questions, please contact the Greek Life Office at (225) 578-2171