Letter from the Dean
Welcome to LSU!
This is the start of my third year as the Associate Vice President and Dean of Students. If we have not met, I urge you to introduce yourself to me and share your LSU story. I like to be called Mari (pronounced Mah-dee).
The Office of the Dean of Students has been busy planning for the Fall 2017 semester. The priorities of our office include leadership & involvement; diversity, inclusion & cultural competence; holistic student development; and safety & security. Some of our plans for the fall include:
- welcoming students at events included on the Bengal Bound schedule;
- celebrating students’ eligibility to wear the LSU Ring during LSU Ring Week (August 21-25 at Barnes & Noble LSU) and presenting rings to students at the LSU Ring Ceremony in November;
- hosting the Student Involvement Fair (Aug. 30 & 31) and campus traditions such as Fall Fest and Homecoming Week;
- promoting safety resources available to our community at Public Safety Day on Sept. 6 (10am-2pm, Tower Drive) and through the Stay Safe LSU campaign;
- hosting National Coalition Building Institute (NCBI) Welcoming Diversity Workshops; and
- promoting the new location (350 LSU Union) and hours for the LSU Food Pantry.
I also want to make you aware of a campus-wide initiative called LSU Cares; which is dedicated to the well-being of students and the promotion of a community that cares about each of its members. If at any time you have a concern or complaint, please submit a report through the LSU Cares webpage.
Our staff are here to be your advocates, cheerleaders, and supporters throughout your college experience. I encourage you to take advantage of the events, services, and resources available through the Office of the Dean of Students. Geaux Tigers!
Mari Fuentes-Martin, Ed.D.
Associate Vice President & Dean of Students
P.S. Follow us on Instagram & Twitter, @LSUdeanstudents!