Faculty Office Hours
Consult with your instructor for additional assistance. Your syllabus includes contact information and office hours.
- Shell Tutorial Center
141B Middleton Library
Trained peer tutors help with homework, test preparation, and study strategies. No appointment is necessary, but check the tutor availability schedule.
Hours of Operation:
9:30 am - 7 pm M-Th
9:30 am - 3 pm F
Times may change during scheduled academic breaks.
- Online Tutoring
(900 free minutes for current students)
Access this on MyLSU through the Student Services drop down menu.
- Genesis Tutoring provided by Office of Multicultural Affairs
- Writing Support provided by CxC
- Residential Life Tutoring Resources
- State of Louisiana Homework Help
This service is from the State Library of Louisiana and Tutor.com and you can access it from a public library or your home in Louisiana.
(You may incur charges for these services.)
- CAS offers a link to the Tutor-for-Hire Matching Service.
- Instructors and individual departments are often able to suggest private tutors.
Programs, Workshops & Events
Supplemental Instruction (SI)
Supplemental Instruction (SI) is a series of weekly study sessions offered for students enrolled in historically difficult courses.
Session times and locations subject to change. Please check with SI leader for details.
|KIN 2500||Hargroder||Victoria Fernandez||Tuesday||6:00 - 7:30 pm||236 Coates|
|Thursday||6:00 - 7:30 pm|
Academic Coaching Session
Personal meetings with each student set a course for success. Together, the student and academic coach decide which learning strategies and time management techniques yield the greatest benefit. Learn more and schedule an appointment.
- Black Male Leadership Initiative by Office of Diversity
- Distinguished Communicator Certification from CxC
- Genesis Mentoring provided by Office of Multicultural Affairs
- Tiger Transition Team from First Year Experience
Additional On-Campus Resources
- Middleton Library offers study space, printed and electronic resources and librarian subject specialists
able to help with research in specific academic areas.
- Check library hours.
- Book a group study room.
- Request individual study space.
- Find an e-textbook.
- Meet with a library subject specialist.
- LSU Cares connects students with the appropriate campus resources to address a variety of issues from academic to medical.