PANalytical Empyrean X-Ray Diffractometer
This PANalytical Empyrean multipurpose diffractometer is equipped with PreFIX (pre-aligned, fast interchangeable X-ray) modules, making a change in the optical path time efficient and user friendly. It allows applications to be done in various ways: from ‘simple’ by just adding a few slits and analysis software to a standard geometry, to top performance using dedicated optics, sources and detectors. With PIXcel 3D, PANalytical has been able to design a multipurpose system that handles measurements on powders, thin films, nanomaterials and solid objects in one instrument, with no compromise in data quality. The PreFIX mounting method of optics allows users to switch between different applications in a matter of minutes.
- Maximum usable range: -111°< 2θ <168°.
- 2θ linearity equal or better than ±0.01°.
- Temperature range of -150 to 400 degrees C.
- Capillary tube can be used for air sensitive materials or small sample size.
- Grazing Incidence X-Ray Diffraction (GIXRD) provides surface information or depth profiling on randomly oriented polycrystalline materials. GIXRD helps to distinguish thin film signal from substrate or other layers, measure residual stress as a function of depth, and perform phase ID analysis at the surface and as a function of depth.