- The roommate matching service opens in the housing portal in January 2018.
- Only the people listed in your “Accepted Roommates” list in the housing portal will
show as potential roommates during room selection in April. Make sure you search for
and accept your preferred roommate’s request so you can select a room together.
- For example, if you are accepted into the Engineering Res College, you will only see roommates who are also in the Engineering Res College.
- If you request to change your housing preference, the potential roommates you see may change.
- Residential college or Honors House residents can only request roommates who are also
be participating in the SAME residential college or the Honors House.
- If space is available in late summer, we will allow Honors House students to have non-Honors roommates. Honors students may request non-honors roommates by emailing email@example.com.
- If you prefer to live in a traditional residence hall, you can only search for, see and request roommates who also have their housing preference set to traditional housing.
- You are not required to choose a preferred roommate. If you do not have a roommate
request, Residential Life will randomly assign you a roommate.
- You can also request suite mates. Simply invite them to be in your accepted roommate
list in the order of preference. Please be sure to place your preferred roommate as
your first roommate preference, and then your suite mates as your second and third
- All roommate requests must be mutual to be honored. While we do our best to accommodate
preferences, not all requests can be honored.
- For detailed instructions, review the New Assignments Room Guide.