To apply for housing, log in to myLSU and complete the On-Campus Housing application for your term under the “Student Services” menu.
myLSU>Student Services>On-Campus Housing
Housing is still available! Email our Room Assignments Team or come to Grace King Hall M-F 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. to discuss your options.
Spring 2018 housing applications will be available in myLSU soon.
To be eligible for summer on-campus housing, students must meet be enrolled at least half-time for summer school and have a completed on-campus housing application for the fall.
Spring-to-summer break housing is only available to students who have a summer reservation or are graduating seniors.
The summer housing application must be done in person in Grace King Hall, M-F 9 a.m. - 4 p.m. on these designated days:
Current WCA Residents: April 2-4, 2018
Note that if an apartment becomes partially occupied prior to summer opening, you may be reassigned to another apartment.
Current ECA and all residence hall residents: April 5-6, 2018
Non-residents: Come to Grace King Hall or email us to discuss options if you meet the eligibility requirements.
Important Summer 2018 Housing Dates:
April 2-6 – Current residents make summer reservations
May 3 – Summer fee bills available online
TBD – Last day to cancel summer housing reservation
TBD – Summer reservation fee payment deadline
May 28 – Summer res halls and apartments open at 9 a.m.
Fist day of summer classes – Last day to claim summer room assignment
Beginning with the freshman class of 2018, all LSU first-year students are expected to live on campus. We now have space enough to meet demand, so every student can benefit from the proven benefits of on-campus housing. Students who live on campus consistently have higher GPAs, have a higher percentage of students that return to LSU for their second year (retention rate), have higher graduation rates, and have more opportunities to become part of the LSU community. Exemptions to the first-year housing expectation are available.
The online application requires $250 advance rent, $50 non-refundable application fee, and a $10 non-refundable processing fee to complete the housing application. If you register for housing, get a room assignment, and move into your room assignment, the $250 advance rent is applied toward your rent on your fee bill.
If you register for housing and later decide to cancel your housing application, the following staggered refund and fee policy will apply:
- Cancel your housing application on or before May 1 – $250 Refunded
- Cancel your housing application May 2-31– $125 Refunded
- Cancel your housing application in June – $0 Refunded
- Cancel your housing application in July – $0 Refund & $175 Cancellation Fee
- Cancellations received August 1 or later, including “No Shows,” are subject to rent penalties and fees as outlined in the housing contract.
- View the housing contract, and cancellation refund & fee schedule for details.
- Use this form to cancel your housing.
*This refund schedule is only for new students and not continuing students participating in the renewal process.
- Register for housing as soon as you’re committed to LSU. Building and room assignments are based on the date of housing application (not the university application or enrollment deposit), so the earlier you register for housing, the better.
- First-year students do not need to apply for housing in order to apply for a first-year housing expectation exemption. However, if a student receives an exemption after applying for housing, the student will be refunded the $250 advance rent amount but will forfeit the $50 application and $10 processing fees.
- An application fee deferment is available for students demonstrating financial need.
- Change of plans? Make sure to officially cancel your housing application with Residential Life.
Live Easy. Live On Campus Next Year
Pre-leasing for Nicholson Gateway Apartments:
Pre-leasing for Nicholson Gateway Apartments begins in October 23, 2017, at 10 a.m. for current sophomores, juniors, seniors, and graduate, law, and vet med students living on or off campus.
- Log in to the housing portal (myLSU > Student Services > On-Campus Housing) and select the Undergrad Housing Fall 2018 application term to get started. (Yes, graduate student should select that term too!)
- Current on-campus residents will complete the application, select an apartment, and then pay $250 advance rent to secure that apartment space.
- Students not currently living on campus will complete the application, pay $250 advance rent and $50 application fee, and then will gain access to search for, select, and secure an apartment space.
- If you get an error message, please email us so we can reset your account.
Contract Renewal in January/February:
Current first-year students will have access to any remaining spaces in Nicholson Gateway Apartments during contract renewal in January/February.
- Log in to the housing portal (myLSU > Student Services > On-Campus Housing) and select
the appropriate application term to get started.
- Current on-campus residents should select the 2018-19 Continuing Student Term.
- Review the complete timeline here.
New to Campus or Returning from Off Campus?
Welcome (back) to campus! If you are new to living on campus or returning to campus after living off campus, you will complete the housing application via myLSU as a new student.
Select the Undergrad Housing Fall 2018 application term in myLSU to get started. If you get an error message, please email us so we can reset your account. Review the timeline and details above for information about Nicholson Gateway Apartments pre-leasing.
Graduate, Law and Vet Med students can participate in Nicholson Gateway Apartments pre-leasing beginning October 23, 2017, via myLSU, or select West Campus Apartments during phase two of contract renewal in January/February via myLSU.
Edward Gay Apartments may be selected in April, if space is available. Priority is given to families.
Select the appropriate application term in myLSU to get started.
Family & Graduate Housing options in Edward Gay Apartments are available to full-time LSU students 21 years or older, graduate students, married students, or single parents. Preference is given to families.
If you currently live in Edward Gay Apartments and want to renew your housing contract
for 2018-19, you must complete the online contract renewal process in April. All applications
must be completed online via myLSU.
To apply to live in Edward Gay, you must complete the online application and submit $100 non-refundable advance rent payment, a $50 non-refundable application fee, and $10 non-refundable processing fee. The $100 advance rent will be applied toward your fall rent. If you complete the application and cancel your apartment contract, the advance rent and fees are non-refundable. All applications must be completed online.
New residents may apply for housing beginning in April.
Life on Campus Timeline
Junior Year of High School
Take a tour
Senior Year of High School
Decide on a Res College or Traditional Hall
October 1 of Senior Year
Begin Registering for Housing
Receive Acceptance Letter from your Res College
Renew Contracts for next year in Nicholson, ECA, WCA
Room Assignments Continue
Take a tour