(12/5/84 Charter, amended 11/3/87, revised 2/8/89, 12/9/93, 5/19/05, 6/24/2013, and
NAME: The name of this organization shall be the LSU Administrators of Sponsored Programs.
PURPOSES: The purposes of this organization shall be as follows:
- To disseminate information regarding administrative policies and regulations that
govern sponsored agreements in an academic setting.
- To advance individual standards of performance and professionalism in administration
of sponsored programs at all levels of the University.
- To strengthen working relationships between and among administrative staff personnel
at all levels of the University.
- To cooperatively identify and seek implementation of uniform systems for fiscal control
- To provide an informal forum for discussion, clarification and exchange of viewpoints
concerning the meaning and intent of federal, state and university administrative
policies and their implementation by the University.
MEMBERSHIP: Membership shall be open to any individual employed by LSU whose job related duties
require a knowledge of policies and regulations governing administration of grants,
contracts and other sponsored agreements. An individual may become a member simply
by attending a meeting, asking the secretary/treasurer to be placed on the membership
mailing list, or request membership by subscribing to the ASP-LISTSERV via the LSU
Office of Sponsored Programs website
OFFICERS and COMMITTEES:
- There will be three officers who will also serve as the program committee. These
officers will be the chair, chair-elect, and secretary/treasurer. All terms of office
shall be for one year.
- The chair-elect will automatically succeed to the chair after one year, or at such
other time as the chair may be vacant.
- Nominees for chair-elect and secretary/treasurer shall be selected by a committee
consisting of three volunteer members, at least one of whom is a past officer, plus
the chair (ex-officio). Except for the chair, no other current officers will serve
on the nominating committee. The chair shall call for committee volunteers at or before
the February meeting. No member of the nominating committee can be nominated for office.
- The slate of nominees shall be presented to the membership at the April meeting, and
other nominations may be made from the floor at that time. Elections will be held
at the April meeting, and those individuals elected by a majority vote of all members
in attendance will take office in time to organize and conduct the September meeting.
- Duties of the chair are to preside at meetings and approve programs and speakers for
- Duties of the chair-elect are to act in the chair's absence and to arrange programs
and speakers for meetings and send thank-you letters to program speakers. Input from
the membership shall be sought for the identification of program topics and speakers.
- Duties of the secretary/treasurer are to schedule and inform the membership of the
meetings, take minutes of meetings when business items are discussed, maintain permanent
records of the organization, enroll new members, and handle money matters.
- Ad hoc committees may be called by the chair on an as-needed basis.
QUORUM: The members in attendance at any given meeting shall constitute a quorum.
OPERATING RULES: Any procedural matter which is not addressed by these Bylaws, shall be governed
by Roberts' Rules of Order.
MEETINGS: Meetings are usually held the third Thursday of the month, four times a year during
the months of September through April.