You like helping others and are fascinated by the intricate nature of human communication.
About Communication Disorders
Find yourself among the dedicated students and faculty who work to improve the lives of others through speech, language, and hearing therapy. Study the nature and treatment of problems with speech, language, and hearing. You will learn about the linguistic, developmental, physiological, and acoustic aspects of oral communication and will be prepared for the advanced training necessary for certification in fields such as speech language pathology and audiology.
- Speech and language therapist
- Speech-language-hearing pathologist
Once you're an LSU student, you'll need to meet the requirements below to continue pursuing this major.
- 2.0 GPA in all coursework (2.5 GPA for transfer)
- grade of “C” or better in ENGL 1001
- 3 hours completed in a general education analytical reasoning course
- 2.5 GPA required for Psychology, Communication Disorders, Secondary Education: English, Secondary Education: History, Secondary Education: French, and Secondary Education: Spanish majors
B.A., Bachelor of Arts
Course Load by Subject Area
- Communication: ⚫︎⚫︎⚫︎
- Electives: ⚫︎⚫︎⚪︎
- Foreign Language: ⚫︎⚫︎⚪︎
- Science: ⚫︎⚪︎⚪︎
- View all course loads