LSU is a proud partner of the Stamps Family Charitable Foundation to be one of a handful of universities in the country to offer the Stamps Scholarship. This elite award offers a full cost of attendance for four years, as well as an unprecedented level of funding for enrichment experiences. Stamps Scholars are directed to resources that will help cultivate each scholar’s intellectual distinction, initiative, and commitment to service, leadership, global knowledge, and career exploration.
A select number of students who meet the criteria below are invited to compete for LSU’s two top scholarships—the Stamps Scholarship and President’s Alumni Scholars Award.
- Test Score Requirement (ACT, New SAT, or Old SAT):
- 33 ACT composite score
- 1490 New SAT Total Score
- 1440 Old SAT critical reading and math combined score
- GPA Requirement: 3.5 six-semester high school GPA, weighted by LSU
- Writing Score Requirement: official ACT or SAT writing score submitted to LSU
- Priority Deadline Requirement: November 15 priority deadline met
- Honors Requirement: accepted to Ogden Honors College
SAT Note: The New SAT is any test taken March 2016 or after. The Old SAT is any test taken before March 2016.
Round one of the scholarship competition includes an online résumé and essay submission; round two includes an on-campus interview with a faculty panel during Scholars Weekend; and round three includes an interview with the Stamps Family Charitable Foundation.
The Stamps Scholarship is the top scholarship opportunity available at LSU. Up to ten awards are available to entering freshmen each year. Scholarship recipients will receive the following:
- full cost of attendance for eight semesters
- current value for Louisiana resident: approximately $32,000 per year
- current value for Non-Louisiana resident: approximately $49,000 per year
- a potential $14,000 for enrichment experiences
- the opportunity to earn up to an additional $1,550 per year by participating in the President’s Future Leaders in Research Program
The criteria above is a guidepost and is subject to change each year.