Band Saw Safety Rules
- The upper guide and guard should be set as close to the work as possible, at least within 1/4 inch.
- If the band breaks, immediately shut off the power and stand clear until the machine has stopped.
- Examine blade before installing to see if it is cracked, do not install a cracked blade.
- Use the proper pitch blade for the thickness of the material to be cut. There should be at least 2 teeth in the material when cutting aluminum, and three teeth when cutting steel.
- Check the speed table for the material that you are cutting. Do not run the band saw too fast or the blade will wear out quickly.
- If the saw stalls in a cut, turn the power off and reverse the blade by hand to free it.
Safety goes beyond a set of information and rules to memorize. Safety is a culture. You live it by learning it, and learn it by living it ... so that you and others can go on living. SAFETY is very important!