School of Theatre Scholarships
Incoming students who are majoring in Theatre are eligible to apply for the following scholarships:
- Calhoun Family Scholarship (out-of-state students)
- Shaver Scholarship
- Fred Miller Family Scholarship
Scholarships range from $1,000 - $2,000 per academic year and are eligible for renewal provided the student meets academic requirements as instituted by the School of Theatre. Merit is a primary criterion, but other factors such as financial need and area of study may serve as additional criterion for selection.
Please complete the following application which will be reviewed for consideration for all available School of Theatre scholarships. Please note you will be required to provide information for 2 references and upload an essay which addresses the following questions (no more than 2,000 words total):
- Why do you feel compelled to study and create theatre?
- Describe your academic achievements, awards, etc (other than scholarships).
- Describe your previous theatre experience.
- Describe service activities that you participate in
- Describe non-academic achievements, awards etc.:
- What are your future career goals?
- Provide any additional information that might help us better evaluate your application.
You must complete this application in its entirety. You will not be able to save this application and return at a later time.
Scholarship applications due: Wednesday, February 28, 2018.
This information provided through the application is used only as a basis for awarding scholarships in the LSU School of Theatre and is otherwise held in confidence.