As part of its early outreach efforts, the LDI has sponsored and conducted or has planned a range of programs including:
- Baton Rouge Choice Collaborative, a conference aimed to connect multisector businesses, nonprofits, and government agencies that are in/or support at-risk neighborhoods, April 2015
- Professional Network Leadership among STEM Educators, a workshop delivered to the
Louisiana Math and Science Teacher Institute (LaMSTI) participants, May 2015.
Invited talk on strategic leadership delivered to the Baton Rouge Junior League, September 2015
- Presentation about LDI services and partnership opportunities delivered to the regional conference of the Association for Talent Development (ATD), October 2015
- Workforce Development Summer Fellows Program, workshop delivered to LSU Online fellows, May 2016.
- Wellness Ambassador Program summer youth program to develop career readiness among at-risk youth, delivered in coordination with U.S. Department of Justice Byrne Criminal Justice Initiative (BCJI) and in partnership with the Office of the Mayor-President of Baton Rouge, Summer of 2016 and 2017.
- Baton Rouge Hope Zone Collaborative Series, conference aimed to connect multisector businesses, nonprofits, and government agencies that are in/or support at-risk neighborhoods, July 2016.
- The inaugural Women’s Leadership Conference (She Geauxs: Inward, Outward, Onward) in coordination with Baton Rouge Entrepreneurship Week November, 2016.
- Women in Leadership Career Orientation Workshop to be delivered to LSU seniors completing the SLHRD Minor in Leadership, Spring 2017.