Thank you for your interest in joining the SLHRD programs, we look forward to reviewing your application materials soon. You will need to submit several pieces of information so we can review your application. If any of the pieces are missing, your application will not be reviewed.
Required Application Materials:
- Resume or C.V.
- Three letters of recommendation
- GRE Scores
- Undergraduate transcripts
- Post-baccalaureate transcripts
- Graduate transcripts
- Personal statement expressing your interest in the program.
GRE: We generally look for GRE scores in the 130-170 range on each of the sections. Applicants with lower scores can still be considered, especially if they have good grades and work experience.
Personal Statement: Your personal statement is a 3-4 page document that explicitly describes your interest in the program. This is your best way of introducing you the faculty, so do spend some time with it! The personal statement should provide a brief introduction to you (1 paragraph), a description of your research experience and skill, as well as your longer-term professional and academic goals. A well-formed personal statement should also describe the kinds of research topics and/or methods you would like to explore during your time with SLHRD. It is beneficial if you can draw a connection between your research topics and the research of the faculty in SLHRD.
- Applications for fall admission are due by May 15
- Applications for spring admission are due by October 15
- Applications for summer admission are due by March 15