The LSU Early Childhood Education Laboratory Preschool provides high quality early childhood programming for children six weeks old through age four.
An application form must be completed and submitted along with the $75.00 application fee in order to apply for enrollment. Applications are accepted throughout the year and may be obtained at the link below or on-site.
Once the application and application fee are received, children are placed onto the waiting list. When a space becomes available at the LSU ECE Lab Preschool, the waiting list will be searched, beginning at the top, for the following criteria:
- Age-appropriate, eligible child
- Date of desired enrollment as indicated on the application form
- Enrollment priority
- Application date
Enrollment priority is determined by the following in the order presented:
- Siblings of children currently enrolled at the LSU ECE Lab Preschool.
- Children of staff, faculty and full-time currently enrolled students at LSU.
- Children of individuals with secondary affiliations to LSU.
- i.e. children of part-time LSU students, staff or faculty; children of LSU alumni; grandchildren of LSU students, staff, or faculty; children of individuals working for the LSU System
- Children from the surrounding community.
LSU faculty and staff are given priority admission to the preschool. Financial assistance is provided for full-time LSU students who qualify. If you have further questions, then you may contact us at applyECELP@lsu.edu.
Please note there is no affiliation between the ECE Lab Preschool and any other school.
Tours are conducted Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m. and 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. To schedule a tour, you may call the center at (225) 578-7882 or email us at tourECELP@lsu.edu.
To support all families in accessing high quality child care, the Child Care Assistance Program (CCAP) provides financial assistance to low-income families while they are working or attending school.
CCAP Household Eligibility
P.O. Box 260037
Baton Rouge, LA 70826