Placement/Credit Exam Registration
Incoming freshmen who attended an orientation session but were unable to take a specific placement test can take it with no additional fee or paperwork by the last day to add classes of their first semester. If they want to take a placement test after that date they will need to follow the process for continuing and transfer students. See below.
Continuing and Transfer Students
- Go to your college and ask for a form titled Request to Take Advanced Standing/Proficiency/Credit Exam. A counselor in your college will assist you with filling out the form. You will then need to get the approval signatures from both your college and the department offering the course.
- Report to the Office of the University Registrar in Room 112 Thomas Boyd Hall to be assessed a $20.00 fee.
- Report to the Office of Bursar Operations in Room 125 Thomas Boyd Hall to pay the fee.
- Return to the Office of the University Registrar with your payment receipt. You will receive a form to bring here to the Office of Assessment and Evaluation, Room 51 Himes Hall.
- Bring the form and $20.00 cash to our office, 51 Himes Hall. You will be issued a receipt and an admission ticket which you must bring to your exam.
- When are the placement/credit exams given? At the beginning of each semester OAE gives placement/credit exams on a daily basis starting the day after new student orientation. For the Summer semester the placement/credit exams will be given until the last day to add classes. For the Fall & Spring semesters the placement/credit exams will be given throughout the semester on days the computer-based testing lab is open with the exceptions of midterm week, final exam week, and any other dates blocked out due to special testing. The placement/credit exam schedule shows the times the placement/credit exams will be given and when your exam results will be available for pick-up. You must present your ID to receive your results.