- Academic deans participate in a "Big Ideas" conversation about the future of LSU.
March 17 and 30, 2016
- University Planning Council (UPC) strategic planning kick off meeting: The UPC brainstorms and develops six attributes to describe our efforts in discovery,
learning, diversity, and engagement.
April, May, June 2016
- Focus Group development: The Strategic Planning Executive Committee (a subcommittee of UPC) and English Communication Consultants (ECC) work to develop the demographic make up of the focus groups and the outline/questions, then offer the information to the UPC for approval.
- Focus group interviews: ECC conducts nine focus groups: faculty/staff (6), students (1), alumni/donors (1)
and industry representatives (1).
July, August, September 2016
- Online Survey distribution: The university distributes a campus wide online survey to gather input from key constituencies.
- Stakeholder interviews: Several external stakeholders were interviewed to gain a better external perspective. Examples of information asked of the stakeholders include LSU's strengths and weaknesses, top goals for the university and how LSU can increase its impact.
- Research presentation to Strategic Planning Executive Committee: Present research findings to the Strategic Planning Executive Committee, which offered feedback.
- Research presentation at Strategic Planning Leadership Retreat on September 14th.
- Strategic Planning Summit: Approximately 60 faculty, staff and students, representing all areas of university,
examined the themes that emerged from focus groups, the online survey and interviews
with external stakeholders and discussed the thematic priorities identified for the
strategic plan on September 28th. This core group will form the five subcommittees
that will help craft the strategies for LSU's next strategic plan. Goals include:
generate the strategic plan objectives, performance criteria and measures, and implementation
plans that support each of the five areas.
November 2016, December 2016, January 2017, February 2017
- November 4th: Kickoff meeting with Subcommittee Chairs
- Subcommittee meetings held: open to campus community
- March 15, 2017: Draft due to Provost
- March 15 – April 15, 2017: Metrics defined by external brain trust, including Board of Supervisor members
- March 30, 2017: First draft of strategic plan presented to campus at Town Hall meeting
- April 1 – April 30: Feedback collected and incorporated into plan
- April 10, 2017: Town Hall Meetings are complete
- April 15, 2017: Make revisions based on comment cards received from town hall meetings. Identify five to seven initiatives from each group.
- April 17, 2017: Release of DRAFT document and campus initiatives questionnaire
- April 28, 2017: Metrics Determined
May 2, 2017
- May 2, 2017: Summary od DRAFT comments and metrics presented to UPC
- May 5, 2017: Year 1 initiative selected
- May 10, 2017: Near Final version structure determined
- May 15, 2017: Implementation structure completed
- May 21, 2017: Near Final version text completed
- May 31, 2017: Website developed for tracking
- June 7, 2017: Formatted version completed
- June 14, 2017: Submit to Board of Supervisors
- June 23, 2017: Launch the Plan