LSU Service-Learning Designation
Any class that has not been designated through CCELL as service-learning before must be submitted to CCELL for the new designation before it will be considered LSU service-learning. If a previously designated class is being taught by a faculty member teaching it for the first time, it must be submitted to CCELL for the new designation before it will be considered LSU service-learning.
Approval for S-L designation will generally be granted for a specific faculty member’s course section unless a college/department/school states that ALL sections of the course will include S-L activities. Classes will need to be re-certified every five years.
To apply for your course to be designated as a S-L course, you must submit the following to the CCELL office via the link below.
1. Completed Service-Learning Designation Application form
2. Course syllabus containing the following:
- Statement clearly identifying the class as service-learning. Provide link to www.lsu.edu/ccell for more info.
- Explanation of the types of S-L experiences used to meet course objectives
- How students will make contact with the community partners and estimated number of hours that students will serve in the community
- Description of the reflection component used to connect the service experience and course goals
- Explanation of or link to LSU student trip insurance policy
Please use this Application Checklist to prepare for the application and be sure that the application is complete before submitting the form below. There is a possibility that you may be asked to make corrections before the designation is granted.
The designation application and syllabus should be submitted through CCELL's online designation form. Once the form is submitted, a copy of your application will be forwarded automatically to your department chair for approval.